CPU/Mobo Boot Problem

ajha

Disciple
Hi folks !

I have upgraded my windows XP and it restarted after installing updates.After restarting it started installing XP SP2. In mid of installation suddently electricity goes off. My UPS took a jerk and restarted my pc.

the pc again started fine and go to chkdsk screen of WINXP . While it was checking disks again electrcity plays and UPS again took a jerk.
This time my Pc does not booted at all. After showing all BIOS realted screen it appears hanged or stable. I checked the bios and it is showing my both harddisks( i have two ) but it did nt booted up.

I checked all cables but no result. I changed connectors of both harddisks ,this time it starts but since another hard disks has corrupted isystem area it shows the win corrupted message.

the present status is that pc is just going upto BIOS screen and not forward.
Kindly help

However i tried to boot my system through cd but it fails also.

A valuable help is expected

regards
ajha

could be a corrupt o/s. does it boot off the xp cd ? what cd have you been trying ?

UPS are supposed to protect the computer from these sort of problems.... I think you should return the UPS and buy one from a good known brand - APC is the best.

IMO if you dont do something about your UPS the next time there is a power outage your computer will again have such problems.

whats your system config ? have you checked that the cd rom is first on the boot device priority list in bios ?

Check if ur hard disk is being even detected in the Bios. Im sure its not

check & post

if its not being detected , try having a FEEL of it if its spinning or not

Thanks for all helps.

I today get booted my system through a bootable cd and installed a fresh Win Xp.

It is working fine.

Now comes another problem for which I m starting a new thread. Kindly help me

Regards

Back