CPU/Mobo Booting Issue with my x670e Aorus Master

PawanV

Recruit
Hi Guys,

I have a very strange problem with my PC setup. During a cold boot, the boot gets stuck on the bios screen displaying Error Code 51. If I chose to restart, it gets stuck at code 76 even before I see the bios screen. Restarting a third time makes the setup retrain the memory as I see code 15 and then it may still get stuck with code 76. If it doesn't, it gets to the bios screen and if this time it I don't get code 51, it boots to windows.

Once in it works flawlessly. The only difference I see at times is that the inbuilt Wifi 6E and Bluetooth disappears. They might return on the next boot but its random. Also, if the PC hibernates and I try to wake it up, it may yet get stuck at code 76 again and not wake up at all. I see that my RAM RGB lights also does not turn back on.

I wonder if you guys can help locate the problem. Is it RAM, PCI or USB that is causing it? I suspected multiple things so I have my EXPO turned off for now.

Below is my build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte x670e Aorus Master
Bios Version: F12 (I updated it)
RAM: GSkill Z5 Neo 32GB DDR5 RGB
SSD: WD Black SN850x
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x
GPU: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4080

51 denotes memory initialization error according to Gigabyte.
Try one dimm at a time and the latest bios update.
Once you are through countering this issue, 76 might go off automatically or can be safely ignored.

Last edited:
51 denotes memory initialization error according to Gigabyte.
Try one dimm at a time and the latest bios update.
Once you are through countering this issue, 76 might go off automatically or can be safely ignored.
Thanks! I did try one dim at a time and found that if I use it in slot A1, it gives me an error code C5. So the RAM modules seem to work only in B1 B2.

Thanks! I did try one dim at a time and found that if I use it in slot A1, it gives me an error code C5. So the RAM modules seem to work only in B1 B2.
Can you also reseat the CPU, then reapply thermal paste and the CPU cooler? Then try installing your Dimm in Slot A1 again and see if the error still exists.

i think most of the MOBO have their B slots a primary slots .Try to read manuals
I did and it seems you are right. It is suppose to work with A2 and B2 only unless I have 4 RAM. At this point it seems its the Motherboard having issues. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• RAM.png
    RAM.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 55
Back