Bought a MSI Radeon 7970

Status
Not open for further replies.

rite

Skilled
Bought it from SMC for 37400. Still to receive it. Will post pics later today once I receive it
<
IMO way too expensive
<

Congrats....

It really is a beast after overclocking!!

....but yeah expensive I must say where as in Mumbai it is selling for 35K street price.

PICS OR DID NOT HAPPEN
<

Congrats Bro. I guess this is Third Tahiti on our forum after toolius and Infected's cousin.

I am waiting for the 78xx series, which is typically a sweet spot between performance and price. My 5850 is starting to show its age...

Rcvd and installed, with a moderate oc it is like 60-80% faster at super high settings from my 6970.

so here mine 4 in 1
<
an 6990, 6870, and 2x 580 GTX

Attachments

• DSCN3682.JPG
    DSCN3682.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 205
It does 1125 1575 or whatever I'd the max ccc supports out of the box with just raising the bar to the max. That results in about 25% performance increase. 3d mark 2011 x3300+ with my CPU at just 4.1 ghz and ram at 1600. And this is without installing it to a ssd.

lol, My X1900XTX was seen by Switch. Ask him.

Anyway, I hate taking pics and the card is installed now. Anybody can visit me in Delhi and I will show it to him
<

Lol, just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean you show that you are jealous.

Honestly, I just game 30-60 minutes a week and not even every week. Yet, I have spent this much on a card to play at 19x10 and I don't even need AA. So for 99% of the games I can't even notice a change from my 6970. Only in Crysis do I notice a difference and in benchmarks. And this Is when I had expected even less from the card.

Yet, I bought it for full retail and not even from USA when my relative is coming after 1 week.

What does that tell you?
<

Check the pic here www.weavingthoughts.com/Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back