Bought altec lansing mx 5021

blueyesdude

Disciple
hey guys just bought mx 5021.
Bought it from lamington road.
Just for ur knowledge,checked out entire lammy for prices including prime abgb.
Got quote of 8700/- even at prime.
For people going for altecs go to apex enterprises,they are the distis.
Got for 8000/- from them.
And abt mx 5021,ya baby it rocks.
In the looks department,they will catch anybodys attention looking at their size,they are huge.
Performance is excellent with almost no distortion even at very high volumes.
Crystal clear sound.
Upgraded from altec lansing atp3,and worth every penny.:hap2: :clap: :D

Hey Congrats pal:D Zhopudey got it for Rs.7935/- from chennai incl. shipping and octroi charge. The actual rate over here is Rs.6985/- i dont know why there is such a big difference between chennai and mumbai.

Welcome to the Club :D.Me got it for 7.8K 3 months back.Surprisingly, the prices have gone up in the past few months (due to the tremendous demand I guess).

Chaos said:
Heh heh welcome to the club ;). However me quitting the club soon :p.
quitting :( getting b&w? or the hmx5021 thts the 5.1 one? :( :S u know i;m still waiting some days just to make a final mind set on what to buy actually waiting for my admission crap to get cleared then will buy :p so inform us what r u switching for. :ashamed:

Naa not decided on speakers yet. Gotta look around a bit. More or less decided the receiver... its a Marantz SR6400.

hey congrats man,..i'm planning for the same speakers myself.

Apparently the speakers are worth 7.9k at itdepot. incl shipping.

Thinking abt doing that, as it would cost me more goint to lamington road by car etc.

so how is it to buy from itdepot.com neways?? the price is good,...hows their service !?

hey cowax,if u are in mumbai,If wud be better to get from lammy at 8k than at 7.9k frim itdepot.No doubt they have good service.
But the only issue is for claiming warranty in rare cases u have to send the whole speakers to chennai.Now thats not very convenient.So it wud be better to spend abt 100 bucks more and get it locally from lammy.
And people can u tell me the settings for bass and treble which u are at now.

blueyesdude said:
hey guys just bought mx 5021.
Bought it from lamington road.
Just for ur knowledge,checked out entire lammy for prices including prime abgb.
Got quote of 8700/- even at prime.
For people going for altecs go to apex enterprises,they are the distis.
Got for 8000/- from them.
And abt mx 5021,ya baby it rocks.
In the looks department,they will catch anybodys attention looking at their size,they are huge.
Performance is excellent with almost no distortion even at very high volumes.
Crystal clear sound.
Upgraded from altec lansing atp3,and worth every penny.:hap2: :clap: :D
congrats good set...

Got MX 5021 for myself ..

on saturday ... saw my result on friday .. and ordered these on the same day itself .. (afterall i got thru uptech as a 1st div B Tech passout .. :) )

Very good set ..

a touch steeply priced though.. 9.7k ..

spacescreamer said:
Got MX 5021 for myself ..

a touch steeply priced though.. 9.7k ..

OMG!!! thats a total rip off:O. 9.7k!!!! Man its 6.9k in chennai a month back and 8.5k in mumbai.

Anyways Congrats.

yaar kyu aur waat laga raha by reminding me of the price difference.. ??

ek simple congrats nahi bol sakta ..?? Grrrrr...

i was thinkin abt gettin the speakers from chennai maybe .. bt then thot that the price difference wil be lessened by the transport and the octroi charges..

moreover.. if sm bug showed up .. then i wil hv to hunt the seller again and do the formalities .. wd be a big hassle .. the seller here is trustworthy and i got peace of mind on that front.. (that now seems to be the biggest excuse/self denial of purchasing this monster at a high rate.. :) )

thnks waise.. :)

(ppl in the club , can u pls suggest the settings u ppl been using to throttle 5021 ..??)

LOL get something better quick. Its like having torn tires on a sports car :p. You should have looked around and you'd have gotten an sb live 24bit+speakers in the price that you paid. Anyway get foobar 0.8.3 and enable kernel streaming mode. That'll give you the best audio quality.

Back