Audio Bought E10S as an upgrade to ES18

Got them today, but most of the threads seem to suggest they're not much of an improvement over ES18, so should I return them or keep them, and if I do return which IEM should I get for around ₹2500?

Got them today, but most of the threads seem to suggest they're not much of an improvement over ES18, so should I return them or keep them, and if I do return which IEM should I get for around ₹2500?
I can't talk for others but I do have ES18 (3 years old) and E10 (mic less original version of your IEMs).

To my ears (and audio set up + preference), these two have got two very distinct sound signature (quality) to it. E10 to me is more balanced and clearer sounding of the two with better imaging and detail retrieval. ES18 on the other hand, has got overly warm sound signature with loads of mid bass (bordering on bloating) that creeps into other frequencies (mids, in particular). If, i were given a choice to choose between these two (for my interests), i will prefer E10 over ES18.

I would suggest you to try out your newly bought E10S with some of your favt music genres/albums/tracks. If you find them not matching with your taste then go for something else or else stay with E10S. At the end of the day, it's your choice (and audio preference).

Cheers!

I can't talk for others but I do have ES18 (3 years old) and E10 (mic less original version of your IEMs).

To my ears (and audio set up + preference), these two have got two very distinct sound signature (quality) to it. E10 to me is more balanced and clearer sounding of the two with better imaging and detail retrieval. ES18 on the other hand, has got overly warm sound signature with loads of mid bass (bordering on bloating) that creeps into other frequencies (mids, in particular). If, i were given a choice to choose between these two (for my interests), i will prefer E10 over ES18.

I would suggest you to try out your newly bought E10S with some of your favt music genres/albums/tracks. If you find them not matching with your taste then go for something else or else stay with E10S. At the end of the day, it's your choice (and audio preference).

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply, mebaali. My only concern is that the ES18 cost 1/4th of the cost of E10S, so are the E10S really worth the 2k price tag?
I do like the build quality and their audio output but the only reason I had second thoughts were due to their Value For Money quotient.

Thanks for your reply, mebaali. My only concern is that the ES18 cost 1/4th of the cost of E10S, so are the E10S really worth the 2k price tag?
I do like the build quality and their audio output but the only reason I had second thoughts were due to their Value For Money quotient.
As I have mentioned, the value quotient is totally depends on your personal audio preference. In my case, i do feel it is really worth investing in E10S over ES18 (purely on former's musical proficiency).

Back