Audio Bought Logitech Z 2300

himakanth009

Disciple
Dec 24, 2008
HI TE Members,

I bought Logitech z 2300 yesterday.....
Man..They are heavy...The connections were easy...
Played some music and watched some movies..Sound from them is very good. The quality of sound even with lower bit rate songs is good. Though I am not an audiophile I fing the sound quality adequate.
The bass is not too tight it is good if we position the sub woofer correctly and tweak the equilizers a little bit...I found out from my set that after 70% of volume the distortions are very high..
Actually I went to SP Road to buy Altec Lansing MX 5021 but I found out that they are not available that easily and the dealers said that the sub woofer is giving some strange noise from the stock they are having....The price of them from landmark and apple store is very high around 9000 Rs..so I opted for Z 2300. Also I did not find any product serial number from my package. Is there a chance that I bought ant duplicate product.
Please leave your comments and suggestions ......

-Anish-

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006
I hope you have done some homework before you bought the speakers :S

Did u inquire about warranty ?
Did u get the bill?
Or did you just blindly barged into the shop and showed em the moolah ?

himakanth009

Disciple
Dec 24, 2008
I bought this at Ankit Computers, Sp Road, Bangalore...
There are supposed to be a reputed shop
I enquired abt the warranty which they said is 1 year..
got the bill also..

-Anish-

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006
i dont think there is anything to worry about, but if you are sceptical about the serial number, just give them a ring and ask why is it missing. :)

vb86

Adept
May 20, 2008
i think logitech usually gives a 2 yr warranty on speakers. im pretty sure thats what they give with the z5500 ones. the z2300 is supposed to be a good 2.1 system. how much did you pay?

prasadr

Disciple
Nov 24, 2008
Congratulations !
If your intention was to buy MX and didn't find one at SP, you should have checked at Kukreja Electronics, Race Course Road. He has ready stocks and price he quoted was 6.4K + tax.
Anyways, congrats again and don't want to hurt by disclosing now:bleh: :eek:hyeah:

sato1986

Skilled
Sep 4, 2008
Chandigarh
i like z2300 sound more than mx5021... heard both....

Both were gud in terms of music n games (mx5021 having tighter bass)

But in terms of movies(specially the ones with gr8 sound, Like THE DARK KNIGHT-16GB version)...

I felt the z2300 blew mx off...

himakanth009

Disciple
Dec 24, 2008
Yes u r right...I have also heard Mx 5021 It is also good though volume is not as loud as 2300. But 5021 cannot be trusted as it has it's share of problems...

vb86

Adept
May 20, 2008
when the z2300s were launched, i too had read that they are completely mind blowing when it comes to movies. i clearly remember cnet testing them with a lotr dvd.

Jasku

Skilled
Apr 27, 2008
Z2300 are an excellent pair of speakers, they are extremely good for movies/gaming/music, and for a 2.1 set they great, I have been using em for about 2+ years and have no qualms whatsoever, infact am very satisfied with them.

himakanth009

Disciple
Dec 24, 2008
Hi..
UPDATE :
After 3 days of usage I have noticed the popping noise issue while playing Matrix Revolutions DVD. I think it is from the sub...and Iit is a very irritating popping noise which is evident after turning the volume above 50%....

prasadr

Disciple
Nov 24, 2008
himakanth009 said:
Hi..
UPDATE :
After 3 days of usage I have noticed the popping noise issue while playing Matrix Revolutions DVD. I think it is from the sub...and Iit is a very irritating popping noise which is evident after turning the volume above 50%....
hmmm..boomy bass giving probs:bleh: :eek:hyeah:

himakanth009

Disciple
Dec 24, 2008
hI gUYS,
Thank you for your responses.
The problem is that There are these strange Popping and crackling sounds from the sub woofer. Actually these sounds are not new to Logitech subs. These sounds have been reported before for Z-5500 and X 540 through out the world (Thanks to Google). The strange thing is that they have deleted my Question from their trouble shooting Forum (Even this is not new to logitech).
I have given my speakers back for replacement to Ingram Micro. They have checked it by connecting it to their system. They said that there is some Hardware Issue and Promised me a replacement. They have asked me wait a couple of days as they are expecting new stock from chennai.

The logitech customer care response was good. This is their response after 2-3 emails rergarding my problem.

Response (Richard) 01/15/2009 07:16 AM
Dear Himakanth,
Thank you for your response.

Himakanth, based on your description, I believe that there is a hardware issue with your speaker and need to be replaced. In accordance with Logitech warranty policy for Asia Pacific region, you will need to return the product back to the store where you originally purchased it. Please bring along your receipt and all related hardware that comes with the package.

You can inform the store that you have contacted Logitech Technical Support and we have verified that the product needs to be replaced. Please provide them your Logitech case number: # 090114-004677. They can contact our Phone Support at the numbers below my signature should they need to confirm the issue.

However, please note that at the store discretion; they might offer to test the product before proceeding with warranty replacement. You will need to discuss the issue with them and decide whether to proceed and accept the offer.

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will do my very best to assist you. Or, if you prefer, you can contact us directly by the phone numbers listed below.

Thank you and have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,
Richard
Logitech Technical Support
www.logitech.com/support

Australia 1800 025 544
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm East (Sydney)

New Zealand 0800 447 361
Monday - Friday, 11am - 7pm, NZ Time

India 000 800 600 1133
Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 6:30pm

Malaysia 03 2054 1884
Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm

Singapore 800-6011-372
Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm

Hong Kong +852-2498-6803
Mon - Fri, 9am - 12noon, 2pm - 6pm
Sat 9am - 12noon

Disclaimer:
Please note that your incident request has reached the AP Email Support team. We are currently supporting the end-users of Logitech products for the Asia Pacific region. If you are currently from a different location, please inform us or update your contact details to allow us to submit your query to the appropriate region for more help and assistance

himakanth009

Disciple
Dec 24, 2008
Hi all,

I have received a new set as replacement. I am still having the popping problem after increasing the volume more than 50%. It is very irritating. I have tried changing the sound source (from computer to dvd player). I have changed the power supply source, changed the location of sub....All in vain. I am pretty dissapointed with this purchase. If any of the owners of Z 2300 are having the same problem or am I the unlucky one...PLZ Help