PC Peripherals Bought Samsung B2030 + Graphics card & TV Tuner queries

amitmk

Adept
Almost bought the Dell S2009W on the phone without seeing it. Then got the time to go to Croma and saw it there and it looked pretty sad. So bought the Samsung B2030. (7700 incl free iball wireless keyb & mouse)

My PC specs are mentioned below in my signature. I think my mobo does not support 16:9 (pls confirm) and thats why i'm seeing things a bit distorted. Image files that i open are all wide and out of proportion.

Do i need to install a graphics card? Whatever is on the mobo now is being used.

Can someone also suggest a good external TV tuner card. Is it true that in the case of an external card the PC need not have to be switched on for me to watch TV. Just the TV tuner and the monitor. (Also mention approx price of such cards)

Can you tell current resolution of the screen, I believe the problem is more related to drivers or inappropriate resolution selection.
No need to switch on your PC if using external TV tuner.

1600 x 1200

When i start monitor it says ideal res is 1600 X 900 but there is no such option in the display settings of control panel. In 1600 x 1200 imager looker wider than they are supp 2 be. And icons look shorter and wider.

Do i need a graphics card (currently onboard one being used).

Any suggestions for brand of external TV tuner set?

the monitors native resolution is 1600 x 900. set it to that res.

maybe you need to install latest drivers of intel chipset to get that res.

Uninstalled VGA driver and tried running Monitor installation software. Attached screenshot.

Attachments

• monitor issue.jpg
    monitor issue.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 114
Umm... Never needed to install the onboard graphics for the CRT. That was what was missing. :) Installed those drivers and got 1600 x 900 after that. NOW i'm happy with the monitor.

Thanks ppl

amitmk said:
Umm... Never needed to install the onboard graphics for the CRT. That was what was missing. :) Installed those drivers and got 1600 x 900 after that. NOW i'm happy with the monitor.

Thanks ppl

Hi! How is the picture quality in VGA mode. Is the installation CD provided with the monitor?

Back