My friend just bought a new system on Friday. Here are the system specs :-

Intel DH67VR + Core i3 2100

G.Skill Sniper 8 GB kit 1.25v

1 TB Seagate Barracuda Sata III

LG DVD Writer

Corsair CX430

NZXT Guardian

Dell S2222L Monitor.

We assembled the system and installed Windows 7 ultimate. After installing the drivers, we did some benchmarks using AIDA64. During the course of benchmarking we found that even idle the CPU usage was high. We noticed that the process that has been taking up the CPU was NT system and kernel. We goggled, and found using Process Explorer that it was due to Hardware Interrupts and DPC. We installed Linux mint, and the issue was present there also, this time process being kworker. To diagnose we disable every device in the BIOS, including the USB ports and found that the issue was still there. We installed Windows 8, and the issue was present there also. We are not sure what to do now. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

UPDATE : After having exhausted all possibilities, the only thing left to check was the HD 2000 graphics. We borrowed a Radeon 4650 from another friend and connected it. After we did this the computer refused to turn on. So we removed the Radeon 4650, and connected back to the HD 2000, and the computer still refuses to turn on! Finally by luck we found out that the computer turns on if we disconnect the DVI cable. But, still it does not POST. In the first place, this motherboard never beeps on a successful boot or otherwise, so I cannot get any diagnostic help from it. Most probably it is the fault of either the PSU, or the motherboard. Since it is a Corsair PSU which is renowned for being a very good power supply, I feel that it is the motherboards fault. How long does Intel take for warranty usually? Since my friend is rather annoyed with this particular motherboard, can anyone suggest a nice motherboard for 6000 which does not have any issues?

Back