Brand New Sealed 80GB WD Raptor 10,000 rpm for 5k!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ bill is not needed to claim the warranty...warranty is by serial number, this drive is under warranty till december 2013 :)

mutant said:
^ bill is not needed to claim the warranty...warranty is by serial number, this drive is under warranty till december 2013 :)

you might need
WD site says ..
The warranty WD provides is from date they shipout,
it may not be the date you bought the prod.

to claim the diffrerence (ie last 2 months) u may need the bill,
Its clearly mentioned in WD site where you register the prod.

that is needed if you want more warranty than whats available by serial number, in this case i am telling that the warranty is till december 2013 and thats by serial number and not by bill.....

and recently i had rmaed my 2 wd hdds by serial number and never needed the bills...

mutant said:
that is needed if you want more warranty than whats available by serial number, in this case i am telling that the warranty is till december 2013 and thats by serial number and not by bill.....
and recently i had rmaed my 2 wd hdds by serial number and never needed the bills...

did u decoded the bar code?
if so teach me too..

as i know Website will show waranty from date u entered as date of purchase
no verification, mess will come up only when u RMA.

so is ur current waranty based on date u entred in WD site or from some date from pouch/HD.

^ dude you cannot enter a wrong date on the website.
The website does not accept late dates at all.none does.

Bill is absolutely not required for RMA and warranty is as mentioned on the website in warranty status of your products.It can also be verified through customer care.

You will find hundreds of used hdd's sold here without bill.

Well... not quite the mute-ant :D

Anyways, to hell with the bill discussions and debates.. just want to know if you are willing to wait for a week .. I am interested.. bill or no bill.. But I need to get paid first to pay you.. and that will take a week.. so..

Hopefully this will rejuvenate my dying render rig that seems to be aging faster than Rip van Winkle.. let me know...

blackprince said:
did u decoded the bar code?
if so teach me too..
OMFG!
Dude you dont need to decode anything :rofl::rofl:
you just go to the site and do the warranty test and enter the serial number on your hdd and you know how much warranty is left...nothing else :no:

lecameleon said:
Well... not quite the mute-ant :D

Anyways, to hell with the bill discussions and debates.. just want to know if you are willing to wait for a week .. I am interested.. bill or no bill.. But I need to get paid first to pay you.. and that will take a week.. so..

Hopefully this will rejuvenate my dying render rig that seems to be aging faster than Rip van Winkle.. let me know...
ok lecameleon i can wait for a week.....let me know when you an pay :p

OT : Does it have a heat sink ? ,surely it needs a fan to cool this . At office I removed a 15k rpm hdd I think from rack server ,I was not able to hold it in handle it was so hot .:S

Just for the RMA/ bill thingy, I just RMAed one of my older WD74s without any bills. Serial number only. Methinks blackprince is an apt name.

Edit: @above, no it doesn't need any heatsink. Velos come with heatsinks, needed or not is another matter.

mutant said:
OMFG!
Dude you dont need to decode anything :rofl::rofl:
you just go to the site and do the warranty test and enter the serial number on your hdd and you know how much warranty is left...nothing else :no:
ok lecameleon i can wait for a week.....let me know when you an pay :p

dude i use WD website and i have 3-4 wd prods registered...
they take serial no and no way on earth it shows start warranty date
you have to enter date of purchase,and they believe u at that point of time..

if later there could be a rejection based on bill date and manufacture date.
YOU need BILL

regarding my view of sale,i supported you for the price
and i still..
i just jumped in when u said there is no need of bill.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4763/36842403.jpg

nfsnfs said:
OT : Does it have a heat sink ? ,surely it needs a fan to cool this . At office I removed a 15k rpm hdd I think from rack server ,I was not able to hold it in handle it was so hot .:S

SCSI now a days comes with heatsink (its realy a bay with a small conductor , not actually sink)

for this a fan is enough , also for WD black too
its not advised to keep your HD hot, try cooling it

blackprince said:
dude i use WD website and i have 3-4 wd prods registered...
they take serial no and no way on earth it shows start warranty date
you have to enter date of purchase,and they believe u at that point of time..

if later there could be a rejection based on bill date and manufacture date.
YOU need BILL

regarding my view of sale,i supported you for the price
and i still..
i just jumped in when u said there is no need of bill.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4763/36842403.jpg

OMG, dude...take it easy...i am not lying about the warranty and the bill thing and the other memebers are also right when they say bill is not needed....but just to clear things for you...

1. Click Here

2. Check this out:

28qu6hh.jpg

Got it now? most people know about this here...and you being a WD site user dont know this :S
( Naga was right about the blackprince nick :rofl::rofl: )
No Hard feeings dude..:)

you should be,

i can show u how WD shows 3+ (3 years and 2 months ) for my WD passport.
i have bills and web information
serial num says some thing and real story is some thing...its my learning, and my experience

i am sure when i do RMA in last 2 months i will be caught
(my WD black shows warranty <5 , which is correct)
and u carefully ignored the msg "Do not discard your purchase documentation (receipts, packing slips, etc.). You may need them for warranty support"

hope u could have read that..

good luck with the sale..............

mutant said:
OMG, dude...take it easy...i am not lying about the warranty and the bill thing and the other memebers are also right when they say bill is not needed....but just to clear things for you...

1. Click Here

2. Check this out:

28qu6hh.jpg

Got it now? most people know about this here...and you being a WD site user dont know this :S
( Naga was right about the blackprince nick :rofl::rofl: )
No Hard feeings dude..:)
you can see the same warranty once u registers your prod
i do register my prod.

blackprince said:
you can see the same warranty once u registers your prod
i do register my prod.

I see warranty till december 2013 without registering my product... and i am not claiming any more warranty than that, that is why i said, bill is no required.period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back