Bravia/Samsung

aslugani

Disciple
i went look for LCDs and i saw these to bravias

KLV-32V400A/B KLV-32V400A : V Series : BRAVIAâ„¢ LCD TV : Sony India
KLV-32S400A KLV-32S400A : S Series : BRAVIAâ„¢ LCD TV : Sony India

i coudlnt find much difference in these two... the picture qualitty/ looks were almost same..

N then the LG scarlet which u cant complain has sexy looks, and also the picture quality was not bad at all ..

I need to buy 2 LCDs, budget is ~45k-50k each.

If any1 has these LCDs or have seen them and compared them, please help me to decide, I am very bad at deciding...
also how about the Samsung 5 series!! 2 years back when i hunted ofr LCDs i found that samsung sucked at LCDs, n i bought LG xcanvas,

Please suggest.. i need 2..

well theres is no differnce b.w them ,they may use a different backlight atleast that was the case for last years S310A,V300A series and the year before models.but mostlly u are just paying the extra for the better aesthectics of V series.but LG tv may look good aesthecticaly but there contrast levels are well below what sony,samsung produce.
now the samsung series 5 is a FHD tv and has more contrast then sony 32inch S,V series(only for 32inch segment) ,however for SD content the sony have a slight advantage since they require less upscaling to do,but for HD content the samsung has the advantage.

As far as Sony is concerned...

X>W>V>S>T>G series

And i own the KLV-32V400A(Not Full-HD!)..

Overall a pretty good display..

But the shadowy pixels can get to you at times that is if you bother looking out for them..Audio at times can sound a bit mono..let's say artificial-like ! Nothing a little tweaking can't help.. ;)

Watch TV from a considerable distance and you won't have problems..

Moreover,I suggest you check out the VIERA displays as well..

Samsung 5 series is a bit more vibrant compared to Sony's V series..

P.S: Make sure you experience your LCD tv to the fullest ,before buying !

i bought the Sony Bravia 32" LCD display TV 3 days back for 40k...the display is kinda OK...i say Ok because i used to own a 29" CRT Videocon TV for the past 15 years..and the picture quality it gave was supreme....nothing cud match its quality...not even today's modern LCD tvs...in LCDs u'll c a grainy picture if u watch very closely..the alternative is to watch it from a reasonable viewing distance.........man.. :mad: these new technologies especially wen it comes to television ruins the high quality........no wonder i stuck to CRT monitor for my computer.........even though i had the option for LCD....

Balkazzaar said:
i bought the Sony Bravia 32" LCD display TV 3 days back for 40k...the display is kinda OK...i say Ok because i used to own a 29" CRT Videocon TV for the past 15 years..and the picture quality it gave was supreme....nothing cud match its quality...not even today's modern LCD tvs...in LCDs u'll c a grainy picture if u watch very closely..the alternative is to watch it from a reasonable viewing distance.........man.. :mad: these new technologies especially wen it comes to television ruins the high quality........no wonder i stuck to CRT monitor for my computer.........even though i had the option for LCD....

I am pretty sure you havent seen the reason behind the same. Give your LCD the source it deserves and then reply back.

~LT

linuxtechie said:
I am pretty sure you havent seen the reason behind the same. Give your LCD the source it deserves and then reply back.

~LT

agree with u, actualy be it lcd or OLED or plasma they all have a resolution higher then a typical crt tv ,so when u feed the right source u will see TA TA to crts,
BTW off topic yesterday i was trying to get the black details in my 6month old sony 21inch wega CRT tv, the black levels are good but the details in blacks arent near as good as my sony lcd,the only way possible to get the details in my sony crt is to crank up the brightness to 80% this wasnt a problem in my 10years old NON wega sony crt which use to show great amount of details with just 40% brightness.in the new sony wega crt when i crank up the brightness to 80% and when they show has a white object or background its to bright and it realy hurts the eyes.

well, i m not at all criticizing the LCDs, since i just bought a new LCD, my opinions abt it being correct might be limited, my overall point lies on the fact of the number of advantages for CRT outnumber the LCD, first being that CRTs are more long lasting than LCDs, second if any problems occur in LCD, the chances of it being repaired are rare while same is not the case for CRT. Thirdly, i agree with adder on the CRT's support for greater color depth is much greater and better than LCD....that makes it better for playing games.....

and i perfectly understand what Linuxtechie means by "source"...today's local cable operators use Analog technology for channel transmitting which is not at all sufficient for signal power hungry LCD TV...no wonder Reliance BIG TV and TATA Digital TV services have come out to meet those requirements...but the fact remains these technologies remain expensive for many people out there.............my dad was going to take one of these services (Reliance BIG TV and TATA Digital TV)..but found out that there were lot of flaws in terms of channel package offering..those who must have referred their websites will understand what i mean...luckily he claims to have found a local cable company that offers all the channels in one package in digital quality for LCD technologies.......at a much reasonable and lower price as compared to Reliance and TATA...

Back