Bricked my N73!

Homer

Adept
Well you never think it would happen to you and it does.:mad: This is not the first time either.There was a new update for the N73 and so I was updating it.It go to around 90% and then failed(And no,I did not touch the cable or the phone).Re-tried about a million times but nothing.Is there anything I can do before giving it to the NSS.I've tried removing the battery and connecting again but nothing.NSU dosent detect any phone. Help me guys:(

d'oh!!!!!!

homer_doh.jpg

He He:p Well hard reset didnt work.Also should I tell them I was updating it and it died or what?
Will they make a fuss if I tell them that?

Just told them that it would not turn on.She said she'll have to send it to the H/O in Lower Parel as it was dead.Did anyone else brick theirs while updating and if so how long did it take for them to restore it:huh:

I thought you can brick only your psp. But I think they will remove the whole damned thing and put a new software (if its under warranty) and hopefully with the update. If they charge you, start choking them and say "WHY YOU LITTLE..."

my n73 got updated fine but it was a really boring process, took almost an hour. Thankfully i was in the office while i did it, no power outage, no fluctuations, 50mbps net connection. they did warn about bricking and i think they did say something about not covering recovery costs if does die, i don't remember clearly as it was a month back that i did it. you'd better be sure before you turn it in.

My n73 charger died on me and they said it'll take 15 days to get a new one. I had to fork out 700 bux to get a new while the old one went roaming around gods now where. Damn n73 takes a different type of charger, I had 4 of the old type lying around.

It does come with an adapter for older chargers.Anyways I never said anything about trying to update it.Simply said it would not turn on and plus its under warranty so i'll be pretty mad if they charge me:mad:

If they charge I'll come and help you choke them;) :D

The converter doesn't come in the packing does it, cause I can't find one and min e was sealed box, or has it got to be bought externally. Anyway I got 2 chargers now, using one in the office and the other at home.

Nope,the converter is part of the package.Also in some countries you get a wrist-strap(useless) and a cleaning cloth.:cool2:

Just to inform you guys that I got it back today fully restored with the latest firmware(v4.1). That means all of the Music edition goodness with the sexy silver body.:eek:hyeah: The only thing I dont like is the fonts,I prefer the older one.But i'm happy it's in perfect condition.:hap2: :hap2:

They didn't charge me anything as it was still under warranty.But they did open it up which left nasty fingerprints under the screen(havent they heard of gloves?) So I opened it just now and cleaned the screen.Now I'm completely satisfied.However if they had put any charges I was ready to strangle her,Homer style:haha:

Back