inv3nt0r

Disciple
Hello everyone,
I have an ancient PC with the following specs: [Pics]
Intel Desktop board D201GLY Motherboard Mini-ITX
Integrated Intel Celeron CPU 1.33 GHz
512MB RAM DDR2
80GB PATA Hard drive

The Power supply was 250W but it's dead now. I tried with another power supply and the mobo did kick-off.
I tried to debug the issue and found out the Fuse is dead. I will try to get a new fuse and try but I am looking for the smaller PSU rated around 200-250W. I am planning to 3D print a small mount/case for this.
Another issue is the Video output. I don't have any monitor/TV having VGA input and the mobo can only output VGA. I can't find a good reliable signal converter that will convert VGA to HDMI. Have anyone tried?

So basically I am looking for the following:
Small SFX Sized tiny Power supply.
VGA to HDMI Converter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

This would make a good retro machine.

Converter: https://www.amazon.in/Terabyte-Adapter-Converter-Computer-Projector/dp/B08X2R2Z6F
PSU you can pickup any cheap one for this since it's pointless to go branded on a rig this old. Those that come with a cheap cabinet can work. They won't be SFX though.
That converter looks promising. Thanks.
Yes, I agree. I am going to a local computer shop and will buy a used tiny PSU which can just fit my needs.

I sure hope you will be using a light weight Linux distro, because windows will be an interesting experience lol
Haha, Yes. I am going to use a headless Linux distro but I think it has Windows XP already, so will try that :p It doesn't even have a SATA port XD

Back