Broadband options at Goregaon west

Hi guys,

I have been trying to work with MTNL triband but the problems with disconnections doesn't seem to end. :pissed:

And the local cable operator in this area is a s***. :mad44:

Any possible ways to get another connection as hathways is not available with the area.

My usage is less than 10 gb so not going for 6 months 3g plan for Rs 750/month

Any suggestions??

Im from Goregoan west and after using MTNL for 7yrs switched to cable,using it from past 6months....

Its just amazing,no problems whatsoever....which cable operator do u have in ur area ??

Sent from my Defy using Tapatalk

guy's name is prashant....some 'pacific cable network'
actually the cable net is too good but the service provided is way too bad.....and i talked to s s infonet, their office is opp to ratna hotel, they are saying they cant offer the package directly and i ll have to take it from the cable operator

Use Fivenet cable connection the best cable connection. I download say around 1000 movies in a day. The entire movie juz takes 1 min or 1&1/2 min only. Speed I have taken is juz 512 kbps. Five Network Solutions India Ltd

Contact 1)Om Guru Broadband,
1)C/104, Suraj Height
Walbhat Road,
Near Sharma Estate, Goregaon (E),
Mumbai - 400 063.
Tel
: 9833810314

Use Fivenet cable connection the best cable connection. I download say around 1000 movies in a day. The entire movie juz takes 1 min or 1&1/2 min only. Speed I have taken is juz 512 kbps. Five Network Solutions India Ltd

Contact 1)O
m Guru Broadband,
1)C/104, Suraj Height
Walbhat Road,
Near Sharma Estate, Goregaon (E),
Mumbai - 400 063.
Tel
: 9833810314

wow....... 1000 movies or TRAILORS /day @ 512 Kbps or ..... Gimme a break ... tell us u have speed/bandwith of 1 GBps and then mebbe all of us in Moombai will migrate to your plan...

Incidently how much are you paying for this awesome luxory :D

Yes Prashant sucks big time, doesn't know how to manage the network.... your only option is to stay with MTNL & complain to them of the frequent disconnections. the Lineman will eventually be forced to change the line that is coming to your house and then your connection will work better.

Don't get internet from Prashant, you'll regret it more than you have regretted MTNL. ( Speaking from experience)

as far as i remember there isn't any other cable operator on M.G Road except him & S S Infotech doesn't provide direct connection.

Errr....
I stay in Jawahar Nagar and my cable operator is just amazing !!
According to him,all cables connections are laid down from the bandwidth he provides....

So like everyone else is just a reseller of what my cable guy provides me
And the service is great as well,u call in with some issue and the technician is at your door step in 5-10mins...good to be true but it is.... :p

No the movies are downloaded from peer to peer those who have fivenet internet connection. So it juz takes hardly 1 or 2 mins for full movie.

Yes Prashant sucks big time, doesn't know how to manage the network.... your only option is to stay with MTNL & complain to them of the frequent disconnections. the Lineman will eventually be forced to change the line that is coming to your house and then your connection will work better.

Don't get internet from Prashant, you'll regret it more than you have regretted MTNL. ( Speaking from experience)

as far as i remember there isn't any other cable operator on M.G Road except him & S S Infotech doesn't provide direct connection.

Yes man, i tried contacting MTNL several times.....linesman along with some 'sahab' would visit.....change the DNS settings...wait ADSL lamp to steady down n leave....it went on for weeks until they suggested to change the line and when i asked for the procedure...they were like 'woh to aap ko karwana padega' ....!!

so had no option but to move to cable network, only if s s infonet would have provided the network directly....it could have been wonderful !!!

Errr....
I stay in Jawahar Nagar and my cable operator is just amazing !!
According to him,all cables connections are laid down from the bandwidth he provides....

So like everyone else is just a reseller of what my cable guy provides me
And the service is great as well,u call in with some issue and the technician is at your door step in 5-10mins...good to be true but it is.... :p

you are definitely on the luckier side man.........cant even think of shifting there.... :D
Man are you using fivenetwork cable solutions or some different ISP through your cable operator. I enquired at s s infonet they are saying five-network is yet to start so just wanted to confirm with u !!

So guys with no other cable operator it seems i am either stuck with that b****** or have to shift to MTNL ?

incase you are not aware fivenet has the most awesome hub available in mumbai.everything available on the net is available on their hub :pissed: because we dont have fivenet in our area.
Everything hmm... How fast things come there i heard it takes some days

@swapyworld
No i'm not using 5net,According to my cable operator he gets his connection from somewhere in andheri
So im damm sure its not 5net

I would recommend you go for MTNL at this point if the cable guy is being a douchebag and get 5net once it starts ?
Where do u stay ?? M.G Road ?

Last edited by a moderator:
i stay in Unnat nagar and s s infonet saying they will start providing fivenet in 10-15 days but again have to deal with that idiot !!!
hopefully as guys there said, they ll be providing yearly packages too so lets see what happens !!

I tried MTNL, its not VFM and again i need to change my line as it is an old one and not suitable for triband, will first enquire if they can replace the wires or not... !!

I use MTNL 3G sim in a usb modem (Huawei E1751), paid 2500 for 2 months unlimited plan (No FUP of any kind)
I get 1-2Mbps speeds which is pretty decent, but I doubt it'll work for gaming as the speeds fluctuate from 0.10Mbps initially to 2.x Mbps after a few secs and then 1-2Mbps.

I even share the connection using a wifi router (TP Link MR3020) and use it on Ipad, Laptop and phones and get pretty decent speeds.

Alternatively try youscod, haven't used them but their plans are pretty decent.

Don't opt for any private player as they will all FUP you to death.

Not opting for private players for sure, lets see if i can get fivenetwork connection through cable operator.
or will go for MTNL as that seems to be the only option !!

Thanks guys :)

Back