BSNL 24Mbps/16Mbps High Speed VDSL Plans

AlphaOmega

Disciple
I am interested in BSNL’s VDSL plans (http://www.bsnl.co.in:9080/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_highspeed_plan.html), but there doesn’t seem to be adequate information about these on BSNL’s site (shocking!) or other online sources either. I would highly appreciate it if anyone here can help me with the following concerns:

1. Are the BSNL High Speed VDSL plans provided in all cities? There doesn’t seem to be any information regarding city-by-city availability (like FTTH), so am I correct in assuming it should be everywhere?

3. Is the BSNL tech VDSL or VDSL2? I ask because of the next concern…

2. What are the limitations to keep in mind when applying for these plans? I have heard that you have to be within a certain distance from BSNL’s equipment for these plans to be viable, but what this means isn’t clear. How close do I have to be? Where is BSNL’s equipment? Is it only in the BSNL CO for the locality, or is it the cabinets BSNL has on certain streets? My house is around 800m away from the BSNL CO direct line, and 1km away via road.

3. If I am a little further away from the optimal distance, does that mean my application for the plans will be rejected, or that I will simply get a little reduced speed?

4. Will BSNL provide the modem on rent? I would like to take the plan for one month before committing for a longer period. Searching online I have read older (over 1 year old) posts about BSNL not being able to provide the required modem. Does that mean that BSNL has solved the VDSL modem problem, since I haven’t found anything new?

5. Is there anyone here having these plans, who can share their experience with me?

Can anyone here help me with the required information?

I am interested in BSNL’s VDSL plans (http://www.bsnl.co.in:9080/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_highspeed_plan.html), but there doesn’t seem to be adequate information about these on BSNL’s site (shocking!) or other online sources either. I would highly appreciate it if anyone here can help me with the following concerns:

1. Are the BSNL High Speed VDSL plans provided in all cities? There doesn’t seem to be any information regarding city-by-city availability (like FTTH), so am I correct in assuming it should be everywhere?
List of FTTH enabled city. http://www.bsnl.co.in:9080/opencms/export/sites/default/BSNL/services/broadband/pdf/FTTH_Cities.pdf

3. Is the BSNL tech VDSL or VDSL2? I ask because of the next concern…
They havent deployed VDSL or VDSL2 in all the cities. FTTH and FTTB has taken over the VDSL tech.

2. What are the limitations to keep in mind when applying for these plans? I have heard that you have to be within a certain distance from BSNL’s equipment for these plans to be viable, but what this means isn’t clear. How close do I have to be? Where is BSNL’s equipment? Is it only in the BSNL CO for the locality, or is it the cabinets BSNL has on certain streets? My house is around 800m away from the BSNL CO direct line, and 1km away via road.

3. If I am a little further away from the optimal distance, does that mean my application for the plans will be rejected, or that I will simply get a little reduced speed?
Keep in mind that this is BSNL. You must check the feasibility and distance on your own. OR get in touch with your SDE directly.

4. Will BSNL provide the modem on rent? I would like to take the plan for one month before committing for a longer period. Searching online I have read older (over 1 year old) posts about BSNL not being able to provide the required modem. Does that mean that BSNL has solved the VDSL modem problem, since I haven’t found anything new?
Yes they provide modem on rent.

5. Is there anyone here having these plans, who can share their experience with me?
I have applied for FTTH connection. but i am yet to hear from BSNL. they are clueless about deployment. I had to give the Grievance on BSNL Site and finally few days back someone from main office called up and informed that my FTTH work is goin on and it is held up now at local nearest MDF. hope they lay the fiber in few days.
Can anyone here help me with the required information?
Answered in BOLD.
Try to get the FTTH connection more reliable and future proof.

Thanks. I will have to check FTTH as well, but given the VDSL speed/data limits are much more suitable (for me), I am keeping that as the secondary option. If I can get the VDSL plans I will, since getting 24 Mbps + 250GB is more attractive than getting 2 Mbps UL for 4k, as I don't really need more than 150-200GB a month. FTTH isn't available everywhere, and has a longer wait and initial cost (for the fiber to be laid).

Also, I don't think that VDSL has been abandoned for FTTH. ZTE partners with BSNL to spruce up broadband connectivity in India - Economic Times - this deal was announced less than 1 year ago.

You can ask them to provide VDSL plan on FTTH if the feasibility is issue. bcoz they do provide basic Home ADSL Plan (Above 500 Rs.) on FTTH.
Sure they have not abandoned the VDSL. their DSLAM is upgraded afaik. but for now they are working on NGN and which is on Fiber.

You can ask them to provide VDSL plan on FTTH if the feasibility is issue. bcoz they do provide basic Home ADSL Plan (Above 500 Rs.) on FTTH.
Sure they have not abandoned the VDSL. their DSLAM is upgraded afaik. but for now they are working on NGN and which is on Fiber.

I considered that, but BSNL's site specifies that only non-combo plans above Rs. 500 are selectable. Both the VDSL high speed plans are combo, unfortunately.

BTW, do you know if there are any distance-from-exchange-restrictions on the implementation of FTTH?

Last year they have moved DSLAM cabinet pretty close to my house because of frequent disconnection complaints from our locality. and now my modem can sync upto 22 Mbps previously. I was able to sync only 2 Mbps. Main exchange is around 5 Kms from my resident. New mini exchange is less than 1 Kms. and both are GPON enabled.
Technically there shouldn't be distance limitation. as it is fiber
I would say fill all the details on Udaan Site and sales rep will contact you.
UDAAN PROJECT -- BSNL

Wait!? BSNL has been cabinetizing DSLAM? I tried to find if this was the case, but couldn't. Can you confirm 100% if this is the case (at least for you)? Could you tell me your line's signal attenuation? I assumes that you haven't gotten fiber yet. I would like to compare it to mine.

Line ModeADSL2+Line StateShow Time
Line Up Time Duration08:22:14:47 System Up Time08:22:16:27
Line Downstream Rate2047Line Upstream Rate255
Latency TypeFastLine CodingTrellis On
Noise Margin25.5 Line Attenuation21.0
Output Power4.3 Attainable Line Rate23736
Line Up Count1StatusNo Defect

For our locality they have installed the DSLAM and FTTH equipments in Government Municipal School which is less than 1 Kms from my resident. because main CO is around 5 Kms from my resident.

Back