BSNL 3G : network coverage below par in gurgaon...

St.John

Disciple
Hi guys, I brought the BSNL 3G in the beginning of the month seduced by the tarriff reduction to 1359 for the unlimited plan.. I have been using the SIM tethered to my Nokia E52/ SE C702 and I must say that the speeds I am getting are absolutely horrendous... the maximum that I have ever reached is 1.5 mbps and that's when I try to surf after 12 AM !!! :huh::huh:

I usually get about 4~6 out of 6 bars as network strength...

During the day the speed gets to something like 300 Kbps~400 kbps ... :mad::mad:

Is there something I can do? Would using a data card work (I had my eyes on the Huawei 1750/ 1752) but I am wondering if it's worth investing now :(:(

AFAIK I stay about 2 km away from the BSNL Exchange...

Dunno whats playing the spoiltsport :huh::huh:

First tell me how far are u from ur nearest BSNL 3g tower? If u are above 500m-1000m(as told by BSNL person) then there will be decrease in signal quality since higher the frequency lower the distance it will cover. Secondly u may have many ppl connected to ur 3g tower so speed is shared. The signal quality is affected by many things if u are far away. If u are with 1km range then either position/place ur phone correctly or use external antenna but this method will never work if many ppl are connected with the same tower and u can't do anything.

i had better experience with mtnl in sector 4 area than bsnl for some strange reason.It was about 1.5 mbps during day and about 2.5 in night .With bsnl it is about 500 to 600 kbps during did not check in night expect about 1.25 to 1.5mbps max.Waiting for private players to come for better infrastructure as i always get full signal in both but less speed in bsnl.

Back