Bsnl 750ul ---> Home500. Is it worth?

Party Monger

Skilled
Hey guys hav my CA exams in nov, and still watever time i got goes in time pass on the net..:mad:
Wat i want is limit the tp but continue the downloads..
So thought of home 500 plan, so is it worth changing to??
Also which one of the home500 is better? home500, home 500c or home 500c+ ?
Wats the best time to change the plan??Also any problems u guys faced in this plan??And how much browsing can v do in the 2gb?And how much do u manage to download??speeds??

Home 500 normal.. Thats good.. I do get ~230kB/s download speed and about 60-80kB/s uploading speed.. Same speed @ night :)

Go for it.. Thats great.. I dont have idea bout 500c, 500c+

I prefer 750UL, since the torrents I download are quite slow , and i need to run them the whole time

+ my sister is a heavy browser , and we used to run up 5k bills on 500 plan

750 -> peace of mind :D

greenhorn said:
we used to run up 5k bills on 500 plan
750 -> peace of mind :D

THose are the two things im worried abt..:huh:
I know i'l be downloading double..but even 1 mont if i stray, im dead..:mad:
Slow torrents i hav an option of askin my friends to download while i download the big HD ones:rofl:
But how bad a screwup can there be from bsnl's side?:huh:

HOME 500 is not really worth it for the torrents... trackers throttle download bandwidth equal to upload speed so u end up getting around 55~60kb upload download for 6 hours (2am-8am)

with 750 UL connection 30kb seeding = 30kb download 24 / 7

Dont change UR plan, 750UL is better, no tension. 500 has only 2.5GB limit, 85mb/day, which is very less, if U visit Orkut etc big NO. I got 3k+ bill many times.

Well home 500 is really good if you ask me. i used to play in steam for app 1.5hrs daily back in 2006-07 when the download limit was 1gb and use to orkut and browse a lot also.....i have never crossed my bill of 500 pm..... its all dependent on how you sue it. still now also i have the same plan and i download a lot over torrents.....i get speeds upto 150kB/s......

I used to use the unlimited plan, but now switched to home 500c (175 free calls / 1.5gb limit)

I have had to cut down my timepass browsing at home quite a bit, but am actually downloading much more due to the much better speeds!

If you are using utorrent, just use the scheduler and download only during the free hours..

The 1.5gb limit really sucks, but i love the 2mbps speeds :D

Kuantum said:
HOME 500 is not really worth it for the torrents... trackers throttle download bandwidth equal to upload speed so u end up getting around 55~60kb upload download for 6 hours (2am-8am)
with 750 UL connection 30kb seeding = 30kb download 24 / 7

I dont think so, before wen bsnl stil had 6-8kbps upload speed, I used to get 28kbps download...:hap2:

using a private tracker wil get even better....

Man go for Home 500C+ if u want gud speed for downloading HD Movies......download at night frm 2a.m to 8a.m......u'll get awesome speed at night......

Party Monger said:
But how bad a screwup can there be from bsnl's side?:huh:

I ended up with a big bill one month coz i was starting downloads at 2 when it wasnt 2 according to BSNL. I started leaving 30 min buffers on both sides after that...

Apart from that its a really good plan especially if you use rapidshare premium. I used to get around 1.8~2 Mbps and the entire bandwidth was utilised...

Back