BSNL BB problem!!..

ic3man

Disciple
Hey guys i got BSNL BB 3 days back and im on Home 500 plan.And of course nothing has gone right..The problems are

->Get the 'Remote Computer is not responding' error most of the time.When i restart the modem and connect then it connects.

->The main problem is that the connection gets disconnected frequently after some time of usage.The time period seems to be random.Sometimes get dc'ed after 15min or sometimes after 1 hour.Then the connection icon gets stuck and i have to restart the system to connect again.

I have the UTStarcom UT300R2U modem....Does anyone have any idea whats going on?? :huh:

Make sure no parallel lines of the phone is being accessed use the splitter if u hv to.

Make a new connection from the wizard and try using that.

Besides for the past 3 days i been getting pathetic dwnload speeds as well .. maybe something wrong at their end ..

Im using a splitter and phone lines are not being accessed....This disconnection problem appears at all times..Some guys said it might be an OS prob..so checking up on that..any1 else have any idea??

If u're using ras don't... connect through ppoe on the modem... and check your SNR... If you are situated far from the exchange you might have a very weak link. also you might be having a lot of noise on the phone line...

Formatted the system and tried to no avail....And im not using rasdial...Tried something called WinsockxpFix also..That didnt solve it also..:(

Back