BSNL broadband port forwarding help

blackheart

Disciple
hello guys.......

i have a BSNL broadband(dataone) connection . i got the ADSL modem which is provided by BSNL .

its model no is UT-300R2U.

can neone tell me how to do portforwarding on it . i tried to search it on the net but got confused.

if any of the TE guys have done it then plz help me out

thanks in advance

booo said:
click advanced then virtual server.
add the ip and port numbers.
simpal :D

it would be nice if u explain to me in more detail!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey i use azureus n in that i conducted NAT/FIREWALL test n it tells me NAT ok so is port forwarding necessary?

hey but if i do portforwarding then i will have to use a ""STATIC IP" then can i download files from sites such as rapidshare, adrive, netload without the waiting period???????

and i use azureus and i dont have any NAT problems so is port forwarding necessary.??????????

I have a BSNL broadband home 500 plan what are the average d/l speed that u gys get ?????????

blackheart said:
it would be nice if u explain to me in more detail!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey i use azureus n in that i conducted NAT/FIREWALL test n it tells me NAT ok so is port forwarding necessary?

From what I understand, you have to open ports to the other machines so that they can connect to your machine in torrents. but with routers, the firewalls in routers reject connections on most of the ports. thats why you need port forwarding. to tell the router that requests on a particular port should be forwarded to particular machine...

I have used a setup where the bsnl modem would connect to netgear wireless router to my laptop. I was able to use utorrent most of the time with decent speeds.

I had to port forward when I had to connect to the office using vpn. since vpn wouldnt work without port forwarding.

I dont think I am 100 percent correct, but this is my understanding. any TE guru here should comment on this.

blackheart said:
hey but if i do portforwarding then i will have to use a ""STATIC IP" then can i download files from sites such as rapidshare, adrive, netload without the waiting period???????

and i use azureus and i dont have any NAT problems so is port forwarding necessary.??????????

I have a BSNL broadband home 500 plan what are the average d/l speed that u gys get ?????????

Rapidshare waiting period has nothing to do static IPs. Only ur machine IP will be static. The modem IP will be dynamically allotted by BSNL. If u mean reaching ur dl limits on a particular site with ur IP, just restart ur modem and u'll have new IP from BSNL.

thanks fellas for u r valuable comments .....................

but i still have some doubts .........

i know dis are all silly n dumb questions but plz bear with me

1. i use azureus n in that i conducted NAT/FIREWALL test n it tells me NAT ok so is port forwarding necessary?

2. and i use IDM(internet download manager) to d/l other stuff so will i have to add the port no of IDM also in da virtual server during port forwarding?????????????

3and which is the best torrent client i currently use azureus

thnks in advance

1. if you can download using torrents, no portforwarding is needed.
2. IDM doesnt need port forwarding. (use flashget)
3. I use utorrent since it doesnt need any installation and is very lightweight.

blackheart said:
thanks fellas for u r valuable comments .....................

but i still have some doubts .........

i know dis are all silly n dumb questions but plz bear with me

1. i use azureus n in that i conducted NAT/FIREWALL test n it tells me NAT ok so is port forwarding necessary?

2. and i use IDM(internet download manager) to d/l other stuff so will i have to add the port no of IDM also in da virtual server during port forwarding?????????????

3and which is the best torrent client i currently use azureus

thnks in advance

1. If you are getting good speeds, then no need to fiddle around with the port forwarding. I'm using my net connection through LAN here but I get decent enough speeds even without any port forwarding on the host computer.

2. No you will not have to use any port forwarding here also. Though I'll suggest you try out Orbit - Orbit Rich Media Downloader:download social video,music, streaming media, rtmp and more...Pandora,YouTube,Yahoo,Myspace,Dailymotion,RapidShare... It's pretty good. I like it better than IDM.:eek:hyeah:

3. As booo said, nothing beats utorrent - Torrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client Go ahead with it. Azuerus sux bigtime. Its a resource hogger.:no:

one more thing... if you install flashget, you wont even need a bittorrent client. flashget itself can handle torrents. :)

Back