BSNL broadband problem

prasanthsd

Disciple
Hi

I can actually connect to the internet. The problem is I cant connect to certain websites. At first I thought it was some DNS problem thats frequent with BSNL. But in windows they work perfectly Tried fedora and ubuntu both have the problem. What would be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah tried openDNS earlier didnt work. But thats not a solution right when its working on windows without openDNS?

Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry this one does not work. when seraching around others seems to have problems with linux on the same sites too, but i couldnt land up on any solutions.

tried to alter the MTU value from the network manager but still if config shows the value of 1492 for ppp0

Its not the DNS error.

My net was down since 7 AM in the morning. Connection was getting established only for few seconds and then the traffic LED would be on a vacation.

Just been normal for the past 30 mins or so.

Worst downtime since i started using BSNL (2005). Today being a Sunday didnt helped one bit.

I THINK I fixed the issue. Changed the MTU to 1454. Let me browse around for a while and see if its really fixed. Thanks for the help guys

Ok each time i boot i have to do sudo ifconfig ppp0 mtu 1454

I have set the connection not to automatically connect. When i want i use the network manager applet to connect. I have tried to set MTU in the network manager connection editor but It didnt work. Also tried to edit /etc/netowrk/interfaces that didnt work either.

Any solutions guys?

Looked around the router config couldnt find anything relevant.

If its possible to set that in linux it will be great. can somebody offer some light?

Back