BSNL Broadband survey

dsarosh said:
Hello Old friend,
I have a friend who works with tata customer care. I asked him to bring over the tata usb modem (not sure what its called).

So we connected the tata usb modem to the usb port on my computer.
1) The speeds were slower than dial up
2) The software that came with it detected as a virus in AVG free.
3) The software dialer that I downloaded from the website too detected as a virus.
4) They offer some feature, "speed" somthign which is supposed to increase speeds, but this was just aweful.
Maybe companies like tata and reliance focus their attention on big cities, but for people like us, bsnl is the best.

Besides, the phone bills we pay bsnl are being used to spread telephones and internet into the remotest villages of india.
The phone bills you guys pay tata will probably go into buying and plasma display for the CEO or just another foreign holiday for some top boss.

So I'm with bsnl all the way.
means are you using usb modem

are you expert knowledge ar network

btw you need anti virus software and some tweak the ip address you need you maunal the ip address and delet the router using lan only

usb is slow even pen driver and some extra are slow
max speed of usb is 480 mbps
well i am having ul900 but i have no problem past 1 year now

i can change my dynamic ip address through router

also you must call the service for fix the speed
for chanage plans if you want

in some city at isp sever system bmight not work at isp address so they have you response for and deflect the isp detail

BSNL rocks.

you cant use threat of RTI against anyone else( yes, i know people who've used RTI sucessfully against BSNL )

If BSNL overcharges you , you really stand a chance of getting the cash back ( my dad complained and got some cash back :D)

A friend with tata indicom is being squeezed , and there is nothing he can do but put up. at least with BSNL, it is not solely for profit, and you can get things done unofficially ;)

Well, not all internet users in India will be net gurus.
I was pretty dissapoited with the tata usb modem.
BSNL send their person to our home to set up everything.

Im a bit suprised people speak badly about bsnl. I think overall they are very much the best.

redscorpion_11 said:
ughh.. i guess not everyone will get the upload speed boost.. as in my area.. it still stuck on 8 kbps max.. been like that for 2 years now..

I was after them for a month, only then I got UL of 256kbps.
The boss said he has issued the orders to make all UL users to get 256kbps upload. He said it would take a week, which probably means it will take 2 months.

But I have been getting 256kbps UL and DL now, so I'm even more impressed with bsnl. I doubt if tata or reliance would change thier old plans for their users.

k k.. i chked this evening and man am i surprised.. the DL and UL is 1:1 wich is so freaking awsome now...

i guess itll be wishful thinking to think that BSNL would increease the DL speed of unlimited plans :p ..

but i guess it doesent hurt to be optimistic now does it

:D

:keeps fingers crossed:

Another confirmation...

*Opening few sites and Signing into MSN is now so mch easier.. Bloody used to take ages or u had to turn off ur torrent client for the hanshake to be established properly.

BSNL takes another step towards getting better.

Now lemme see who mocks at my uploading speeds :eek:hyeah:

Well, you guys should thank me:)
I must have written about 1000 lines to the various bosses explaining how my work was suffring becuase I had to wait 1 hour to upload 10mb.
I really dont think they have done this on their own, only because I have been after them for over a month consistently.

Anyway, 900Rs (about 25USD) for an unlimited 256kbps ul and dl connection is a sweet deal, I think bsnl is doing a fair job.

Back