Bsnl Evdo (Upto 1mbps speeds UL??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiron

Skilled
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- Latest News

I was in contact with a BSNL guy I know personally and he says that this thing effectively gives 0.7 to 1mbps speeds(around 60-100kbps download speeds) for about Rs 700 per month, and unlimited. He says that though the thing is supposed to give 2.4mbps speeds on paper he's never actually gotten that kind of speeds.

There seem to be some stuff to be worked out like the speed gets locked to 144kbps if you go from urban to rural etc but overall it seems to be the best unlimited plan on offer from any ISP atm.

I'm trying to get more info and if possible some hands on but this thing looks like it could turn out to be pretty big unless BSNL go ahead with some collosal f*** up like hiking the tariff way up.

Some other guy posted this link here some time back but didn't get much response...
BSNL Data Card - High Speed Internet - Anywhere

My boss is also having the Reliance CDMA for his laptop which shows connection speeds of about 230kbps but gives really lousy speeds(2-4kbps) which makes me a bit apprehensive about the technology.

Anyways I'll def. get back on this and maybe even get rid of my 900+ plan if this is anywhere as good as it sounds.

Ideally it would give 2.4 mbps (EVDO), but it depends on the proximity to the tower and the line of sight to the tower.. currently in Bangalore though, the EVDO part is having some problems so people are getting the regular 1X CDMA network is available which currently is giving an average of 140 kbps to folks using it, hoping to increase when the EVDO problem is sorted out soon.

Ok, so got to see this thing in action at and it does get download speeds of upto 100kbps. However they are currently offering only the 144kbps plan to public as the EVDO still has some problems. However I'm trying it through the 144kbps plan as I know the BSNL guy and he might agree to having it tested out :hap2:

This might actually be available in bigger cities like Chennai or Blore... anyone?

Guys here is my site (unofficial) giving information exclusively for bsnl evdo.

You can find the exact tariff split up here

BSNL EVDO Discussion Forums - BSNL EVDO, CDMA 1x Wireless Broadband Discussions

Some usefull facts u should know before you take the connection

BSNL EVDO Discussion Forums - BSNL EVDO, CDMA 1x Wireless Broadband Discussions

Also some network/reviews/programming things are there. its a new one.

good to see. but its very new site.. also don't have many discussions about evdo

Anyway... this thing doesn't work as they say it does on paper. Basically its the same as any wireless internet... terribly slow and inconsistent. Even a dialup is better. I guess this was one of those things that were too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back