BSNL FTTH Installation Charges..?

When compared with ACT, Airtel, DEN, Hathaway BSNL FTTH is superb.

That's why I was telling respected members to take BSNL FTTH where ever it's possible.
How are they superb compared to ISPs you mention, in which aspects?

I keep myself up to date with latest reports from that Indian Broadband Forum website and if I see things right then BSNL's performance is no better. Their routing is of inferior quality, high latencies etc. Stability is not a relevant factor nowadays either, as companies like Airtel or Jio is 24x7 stable.

How are they superb compared to ISPs you mention, in which aspects?

I keep myself up to date with latest reports from that Indian Broadband Forum website and if I see things right then BSNL's performance is no better. Their routing is of inferior quality, high latencies etc. Stability is not a relevant factor nowadays either, as companies like Airtel or Jio is 24x7 stable.
I don't know about technical aspects but they recently laid a Fibre optic cable just like that of Jio Fibre and in speediest it's showing exactly what they advertised.
That's why I even took their dual band modem by paying extra.

A matter of advice to all the members of this forum.

If we all take BSNL FTTH it will be like a helping hand along with the govt which infused Rs.70k crore into BSNL for its revival.

I like BSNL because it brings back many sweet memories when we used to use only land line phones in those days.

The only network other than Jio with such coverage and network specific systems is only BSNL.

Believe me when I say this...
BSNL is truly lagging behind in every aspect... The Government tried to revive it with Capital Infusion and schemes like BharatNET...
But now it knows...it's not that simple...The work culture in BSNL is one of the most lethargic especially in Northern Indian States...while Southern States like Kerala are much better..
That's why the Government has planned to sell it's assets soon...indicating ...Privatization is near...
If you could.. visit sites like bsnlteleservices.... You will know the true nature of problems faced by people...
The most practical example is 4G... Other's are on the verge of launching 5G...while BSNL is still planning 4G rollout...
Anyway...
There are various issues such as latency...speed fluctuations...even Connection Banned due to "illicit activity" faced by many users in BSNL FTTH...
So... BSNL is good but only if nothing else is available.

Exactly as above. I mean taking a broadband connection on the basis of nostalgia is really daft. For over a decade we paid 1000 rs PM for mere 2 mbps connection, up to 8 GB data. Yet at the same time the fellow South Indians got 4 mbps. I even thought of moving to south, because it was unbearable, to live with 2 mbps speed. Yes, their connection was stable, I mean I don't recall having to lodge more than 5 or 6 complaints in the 12 years I used them.

Everything is different now, in a much better way, thanks to Jio. They literally changed the broadband situation overnight in India. I still can't believe I'm paying less than what I used to pay to BSNL and getting 25 times speed! Whatever Reliance's intentions are in long term I don't know (but pretty easy guess, in line with Mallya or Modi like) but the short term benefits are astronomical. From a country having comical broadband situation (thanks to BSNL), to at least near par with other developed countries now (thanks to Jio), doesn't matter how much you hate Ambanis, you must accept the fact that we went through a revolution.

How to pay BSNL BB Bill if its portal is not working?
It is giving this:
buqGvlh.png
Working fine here:

It worked after an hour or so for me and I paid this month's bill.
But the only grouse is they don't give a valid bill or invoice.
They do. I haven't used it in a while but do a little digging around and you will find it. I used to get it for filing reimbursement and the receipts were fine for that purpose.

They do. I haven't used it in a while but do a little digging around and you will find it. I used to get it for filing reimbursement and the receipts were fine for that purpose.
Please do help me to get a receipt but it's only for counting monthly expenses thats all.

My login isn't calibrated yet as it asks for credentials but does not let me login. That's why I am asking if there is a feasibility to get proper receipts by inputting my phone number and account number only.
Try calling BSNL call center. They can provide your password for the portal. Last alternative is offline, visit nearest CSC.

Modem cum router cost is 1k & 2k according to need and plan.
If plan is below 100mbps then cost of instrument is 1k & if plan is above 100mbps then cost of instrument is 2k

While we have to pay 3k initially for installation plus instrument.
I paid another 3k for extra optic Fibre charges and instrument which made it to total 6k.

Now I am getting around 180mbps download to 170mbps upload speed for the 200mbps plan with monthly charges amounting to Rs.1260 including GST while excluding GST the charges are Rs.999.

1k instrument is single band modem cum router while 2k instrument is dual band modem cum router.

When compared with ACT, Airtel, DEN, Hathaway BSNL FTTH is superb.

We should not compare with Jio who almost bought all the above networks and is playing with people's lives by initially enticing them with superb plans and free plans & later make people pay exorbitant amounts as there would not easy to change once we get addicted to those stupid plans.

If Reliance is able to sell for Rs.300 for the initial plan how much is getting from it and others. Please people need to see this before falling for them.

That's why I was telling respected members to take BSNL FTTH where ever it
Which modem would you suggest for bsnl ftth above 200mbps speed plans?

Please some one let me know..If I opt for a basic modem provided by bsnl fiber would it be sufficient to handle any plans which cross 200mbps and above? Please reply asap..

Hey.. If it's DUAL Band... It will support.. although It would be better to buy a new one as most of BSNL ONUs+Routers lack many features that one can get for the same amount in other brands..
Still.. Depends on your LCO.. If he will agree to this.

Back