BSNL + Huawei wireless WA1003A Connection sharing help

I finally decided to shift to Bsnl 500 plan from shitty airtel 499 plan. I purchased a Huawei wireless WA1003A router long time ago and will be using it for my BSNL connection.
Now I got two computers at my home (one for me and one for my brother) and I want to share the internet connection between them. My question is can I connect both the computers at the same time (one via wireless lan and other via normal lan) ? I know I can just connect the two pcs (host-client) and it will work on both of them but for client to work I will have to turn on both the pcs. Right ? Any way to make them work independently ??

That's the functionality of a router. You can connect the pc's independently. The router will act as a dhcp server and both PCs can access the net independently.

My buffalo wifi router is connected to my desktop, but to access the net from my laptop I don't need the desktop to be switched on. Only the router and internet connection modem should be on.

Ok... I have few more questions... My connection started today... When the technician came there was no electricity so he just configured my router using his laptop and said it will work on my pc as well.

Later on when I tried it dint worked.. I tried changing settings as given on various guides including this:-

Wa 1003a - India Broadband Wiki

Finally it worked once. Then I accidently clicked on reset default modem settings and after that it refused to work... I made sure I put in all the right settings again including the username and password that technician gave me (password was "password") Now it just keeps showing authentication failure error 691. I tried pppoe as well as bridged mode but nothing seems to be working. tried enbling disabling dhcp server as well. Any ideas what could be wrong (except the wrong username-password given by technician)?

Can someone tell me Management ip values for host and domain (mine is default huawei). These values can also be causing authentication problem?

One more thing, the upstream/downstream is given as 519/1009, shouldnt downstream be around 2000 for 2 mbps connection ??

Tomorrow is sunday so I doubt any technician will be available tomorrow. :(

Phew!! Finally I managed to solve my error 691 problem. Also shifted the modulation mode to gdmt. Now it shows dsl speed as 512/1024. I cant find any setting in the router to increase speeds so I must be capped at this speed by bsnl guys. Any idea how to increase it to normal 1024/2048 ?? 1800-424-1600 doesnt work in my area and 1500 guys have no info.

Check if your external IP address starts with 117 here.

If it does, then your on the new BSNL NIB-II with a Multiplay switch and you just need to go to the local telephone exchange and they should sort your issue.

Anish said:
Check if your external IP address starts with 117 here.

If it does, then your on the new BSNL NIB-II with a Multiplay switch and you just need to go to the local telephone exchange and they should sort your issue.

Thanks. Yes, I am on the new BSNL NIB-II. I hope they can fix it tomorrow only. :hap2:

hi

i also have a quidway waioo3 wireless router .... and VISTA HM premium installed on my laptop....
can u please tell me how to connect to modem through wireless..........

Hi
What download Speed and upload speeds r u actually getting ? I got a new connection last month end and in my router the downstream speed is 8000 kbps and the upstream is around 750 kbps . R u getting the complete 8 Mbps download speed ?

Back