BSNL in Estancia

monkee

Gamer, Tweaker, and such.
Adept
Hey guys,

I dont post threads here often, but I'm really at a lack of knowledge on this particular subject. So here goes.

I'll be moving to the L&T/Arun Excello joint venture Estancia township on GST Road Chennai, right next to SRM University soon. Well, all our stuff is already there. We came to Delhi for a week long vacation with my dad and today's our Rajdhani to Chennai. So we'll be moving in in two days or so.

Anyway, apparently, BSNL has an exchange setup within the township and they have some redundant copper wiring or something or the other setup within all the buildings of the township.

I have a few queries now.

First, is BSNL freakin serious about their plans on the site? I'm coming from MTNL, and I'm used to 1mbps UL at 999/month with no FUP at all. Basically, ever since we moved to India we've been spending around 1k a month for internet, changing ISPs or whatever. The plans on BSNL are ridiculous.

Anyhow, I was thinking about going for the ULD1350 Plan, because 4mbps --> 512k after 20GB is more tolerable than 2mbps --> 256k after 40GB ( the ULD1700 ).

The true 1mbps unlimited plans are extremely expensive.. So do you guys have any suggestions?

Second, considering BSNL has their exchange there and what not, would it be possible for me to get any other kind of internet considering BSNL is there for the whole township? I'd rather get Airtel or something.

Third, considering its the Estancia township with an IT SEZ, would there be special plans for the homeowners there..?

Since I couldn't find any threads anywhere on the internet regarding this, I thought I'd ask here.

no i have my cousin who also stays in similar township with special bsnl exchange and all.but they dont have any special offers and all on broadband.their administration is pathetic.and one more thing bsnl has some 1000 rs plan for 2 mbps.

its pretty ok.

dont know exact name.

but search around.

If your data download requirements are normal then BSNL's 4 mbps plan is good, but if its 24x7 then I think the plan will be a mascara.. hiding the real ugly eye.

just coz all facility has bsnl doesn't mean you have to get bsnl too, try to see if reliance wire line plans are available there.. the best bet..in India right now.

please donot get bsnl.. try reliance or other cable broadband .. bsnl has the most stupid tarifs( after airtel ofcourse)

Thanks guys. For a month or two, I think we'll end up using the BSNL connection because of our urgent requirement. I thought the uld1350 was good cuz it had a 512k after fup speed and that is at least tolerable compared to 256k.

Since we're here, I'll look around to get Airtel since we get their DTH here. And I'll have to check out what other internet options I have.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep this updated for a few days.

My HTC Vision sez hai!

Alright. So I applied on Saturday afternoon for the connection. The BSNL exchange is around 100m away from my tower here.

Got the phone instrument yesterday. And it got activated earlier today. Internet got activated later in the evening, around 630-7pm.

Basically, this stuff went really fast. Pings to Mumbai are fine so far, and from my 4mbps plan, I'm getting 3.6-3.8mbps and I'm fine with it. I picked this plan cuz of the speed after the FUP kicking in, ie 512k.

Back