Bsnl introduces 100Mbps plan in Pune

ggt said:
ohh man 2015. when world moves to 1Gbps speeds we will be struggling for 2mbps. dont forget the charges(monthly rentals) will rise too.

Nah... monthly rentals will be the same but I am sure the QoS will go down to the bin. ISP's will not provide the modified speed citing inability to maintain the network load of giving everyone 2Mbps & would ask TRAI to postpone the implementation of new upgraded speed for another 3-4 years....

If its broadband then never put your hopes high at-least in India... :cool2:

Right now I am paying rs 1350 per month for 4mbps (which is actually 2mbps because the max data rate showing in my modem is 1999 kbps!) 20GB FUP after which i get a speed of 512 kbps. Duh!

nish_pinto said:
Right now I am paying rs 1350 per month for 4mbps (which is actually 2mbps because the max data rate showing in my modem is 1999 kbps!) 20GB FUP after which i get a speed of 512 kbps. Duh!

Why aren't you contacting CC if you're not getting the proper speed? I had a feeling Airtel would do this since I applied for a 4 mbps plan and my line is still synced to 2 mbps only

nish_pinto said:

Why not get 2*512 kbps connections from bsnl for 750*2=1.5k then ? If its a downloading rig, then run a VM and channel the other ISP to the VM's NIC and you are good to go with 24/7 downloading throtugh 2 channels at 512 kbps each for close to same amount per month.

^^.. If ISP's move to 512kbps as min speed then it would be the most practical solutions for heavy downloaders... I suppose prices should come down to ~500 bucks for the min broadband connection with 512kbps 24x7 speed since below that it couldn't be called broadband now. Then one can even take 2-3 connections & run it through virtual machine to harness the bandwidth easily...

A 2Mbps bandwidth for ~2k would be a good amount spent... ;)

Problem is that many ISP's including AIRTEL is still giving 256kbps after FUP s reached.. they have not implemented 512kbps as min speed of broadband... Their plans listed on the website still mention the speed getting reduced to 256kbps... :mad:

There is only company which can provide speeds up to 1Gbit with in their network and 100mbps to internet.
you might have heard their name Hayai Broadband - India's Fastest Internet (coming soon)
It is launching in this month ending OCT 26-2011 in Mumbai and will follow with Rest of cities.
They are launching in Delhi,NCR and pune as Soon as They launch in the above cities.

More info on Indian Broadband Forum.

They're Offering:
20Mbps for Rs 2,000
40mbps for Rs 2,500

^. If they are able to launch pan India (atleast in the Metros & every major city in various states) then I think other behemoths would be forced to improve the FUP based plans which they offer now & also would be forced to offer something meaningful ..

I am still confused about their FUP though... :(

though i have talked many a times to CEO of Hayai Broadband ( the one with 100Mbps speeds ) , he was pretty confident that they would be launching by October end in MUMBAI and early 2012 to DELHI

mathrisk said:
84K pm .... :huh:
and yet india is shining !!!

india was shining till 2004 (NDA)
now ho raha bharat nirman.... (UPA)

and as u know we hav to share the burden for a.raja's 1.76 lakh crore :bleh:

HailstonE said:
I suppose prices should come down to ~500 bucks for the min broadband connection with 512kbps 24x7 speed since below that it couldn't be called broadband now. Then one can even take 2-3 connections & run it through virtual machine to harness the bandwidth easily...

Sify is already providing 512kbps for 550 bucks :p I just found out now... Would take this plan next month :)

hun0hk.jpg

HailStonE said:
I am still confused about their FUP though... :(

Simple, In Flat Rate plans assume you are opting for 1999 Flat Rate plan Just divide it by 10 That means you are allowed to use 200Gb and you can still download further there would be no problem.

There will be no problem if you download 600Gb.. Just make sure your average of three months is 200Gb or whatever applicable soft fair usage on that plan.

In todays Broadband Scenario where other broadband providers like Airtel are charging Rs 200-300/Gb and Reducing the Speeds. This Hayai Broadband is providing you the same speed throughout the month. But their sole condition is Be fair to them and they will be Fair to us. Actually their whole concept is to provide High speeds at Rs 10/Gb ( pretty cheap compared to other Isp who are looting by caharging 100,200,300 Per GB and Reducing speeds to 256/512kbps.

and part from that they're offering upto 1Gbit/s(If your ethernet card supports) plan that is known as "pay as you Go" That means you have to Pay 550 Every month and you can buy your Required Gb's in Blocks from 1 to 1000Gb where each Gb would cost you Rs 10. So if you are low end user and look out for High speeds

You would have to pay 550+450(45 Gb)= 1000 Bucks.

• 1 Gb means 1 Gb upload and 1 Gb download and not like our Airtel who mixes both of them
  • They are also offering wireless services from 8mbit which would initially cost you 299 and you would get 30Gb
  • They have Got Dc++ sort of thing Called Hayai Zone where you can transfer files at 1gbit speeds within Hayai India network at no Extra cost.

Hades. said:
Sify is already providing 512kbps for 550 bucks :p I just found out now... Would take this plan next month :)

I thought Sify Broadband Is Dead! Thanks for letting me know. :D

swatkats said:
Simple, In Flat Rate plans assume you are opting for 1999 Flat Rate plan Just divide it by 10 That means you are allowed to use 200Gb and you can still download further there would be no problem.
There will be no problem if you download 600Gb.. Just make sure your average of three months is 200Gb or whatever applicable soft fair usage on that plan.
In todays Broadband Scenario where other broadband providers like Airtel are charging Rs 200-300/Gb and Reducing the Speeds. This Hayai Broadband is providing you the same speed throughout the month. But their sole condition is Be fair to them and they will be Fair to us. Actually their whole concept is to provide High speeds at Rs 10/Gb ( pretty cheap compared to other Isp who are looting by caharging 100,200,300 Per GB and Reducing speeds to 256/512kbps.

and part from that they're offering upto 1Gbit/s(If your ethernet card supports) plan that is known as "pay as you Go" That means you have to Pay 550 Every month and you can buy your Required Gb's in Blocks from 1 to 1000Gb where each Gb would cost you Rs 10. So if you are low end user and look out for High speeds
You would have to pay 550+450(45 Gb)= 1000 Bucks.
  • 1 Gb means 1 Gb upload and 1 Gb download and not like our Airtel who mixes both of them
  • They are also offering wireless services from 8mbit which would initially cost you 299 and you would get 30Gb
  • They have Got Dc++ sort of thing Called Hayai Zone where you can transfer files at 1gbit speeds within Hayai India network at no Extra cost.

If all that you say is true and Hayai will indeed launch with plans like this, then that glorious day cannot come soon enough. But, then again, even if it comes in Bangalore, it will most likely not be available in the area I stay (Rajajinagar), just like almost every other ISP except BSNL.

pretttt said:
If all that you say is true and Hayai will indeed launch with plans like this, then that glorious day cannot come soon enough. But, then again, even if it comes in Bangalore, it will most likely not be available in the area I stay (Rajajinagar), just like almost every other ISP except BSNL.
Yeah they're Coming to Bangalore,Hyderabad and Chennai But only after Launches of the above stated cities.
According to me that would Easily take 2 Years.. Fingers Crossed :no:

^.. It would take more than 2 years to reach to Tier III cities... Right now I am on CRAPTEL where speeds reduce to 512kbps (according to my plan) after 75GB @ 1Mbps. My cost/GB is ~7 bucks per GB. It would have been more if I was gettin 256kbps...

HailStonE said:
^.. It would take more than 2 years to reach to Tier III cities... Right now I am on CRAPTEL where speeds reduce to 512kbps (according to my plan) after 75GB @ 1Mbps. My cost/GB is ~7 bucks per GB. It would have been more if I was gettin 256kbps...

You are on IBf discussing this thing

dOm1naTOr said:
Why not get 2*512 kbps connections from bsnl for 750*2=1.5k then ? If its a downloading rig, then run a VM and channel the other ISP to the VM's NIC and you are good to go with 24/7 downloading throtugh 2 channels at 512 kbps each for close to same amount per month.

I have 2 x 512kbps connections from BSNL and I got the Asus WL500GU router and modded it with the DualWAN Tomato firmware. I now can use both the links for http and torrents and I get the full 1024kbps speeds. Works well without any issues. Been like this for about 1 year now.

Back