BSNL Mobile Sim Network in Mumbai/Thane/Palghar

Emperor

Skilled
Hi Friends,

How is your experience with BSNL mobile sim Network/Data etc. Connectivity & Speed between Mumbai-Thane-Palghar Route/Belt while traveling by Train?

Any user specific input will help me lot to decide

Regards

...while traveling by Train?
I'm assuming you already know this but I don't think you are going to get good network with anyone while traveling in a train. Train are metal boxes and provide good shielding. Need to sit by a window or a door to get usable network.

BSNL is non existent here in palghar area. Best selling sims are Airtel and Jio. My uncle had bsnl but it would show no signal frequently so he changed to Airtel. This was more than 10 years back. So i don't know how much has changed now. All i know is even their landline sucks and does not get repaired for months.

I use an MTNL sim, live near Palghar. This basically means that the sim uses the same BSNL network in Maharashtra circle, and MTNL in Mumbai. I kept this number on the MTNL network, as it used to be better for connectivity, when we used to travel to my native place in Konkan. Not any more.

Local BSNL network is non existent, most broadband users have switched to private players due to unreliability of the ADSL lines, and downtime.
In fact our local BSNL exchange, is being used as an adda in the evening. Jio/Airtel has better connectivity over road (Mumbai - Ahmedabad highway) as well as in train, western line.

In fact our local BSNL exchange, is being used as an adda in the evening.
Lol same here. Our exchange used to be a state of art facility 2 decades ago. Now it smells like a public urinal. People present on the facility suggest to get service from other players.

Anyway, rewadi govt has just funded BSNL with Rs. 1.64 lakh crore using my money. So expect good service for a few days.

Back