BSNL modem restarts intermediately

Metalspree

Skilled
Got a call from my brother complaining that the modem restarts every now and then for no reason,there is no power fluctuation as the entire house is backed up by UPS.Got it checked by BSNL people they said no line issues .My brother says the modem gets heated up very badly and he think that is the reason for the restarts ,i don't think so that is the problem.He also told me that it works fine during in the night ( not many restarts but it does restart).

Its is the lame BSNL wired modem.

Any help fellas??

Why it ll be lesser during the night is something i cant comprehend, but still Seems to be an adapter issues.

Have seen that happening once before. Take the adapter to the BSNL office and they ll replace it.

I dont think they even check the adapter is working or not because they did the same for me instantly.

EDIT:

I just realised the problem might also be with fluctuations with the UPS.

It does happens at times that the output of the ups dips ever so slightly and the adapter looses the constant current supply, resulting in modem rebooting.

Do check against that.

I had same issue earlier and power adapter was the culprit. Don't try compatible adaptor find original with exactly same AV ratings.

Spacescreamer said:
Why it ll be lesser during the night is something i cant comprehend, but still Seems to be an adapter issues.

Thinking out loud...probably lower night temperature. Probably the router or the adapter is faulty and overheating.

Back