BSNL plan change issue

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
Well I have this BSNL dataone connection since the 10th of this month. I registered for the connection after getting the Landline. The registration was made on the BSNL toll free number through a custome support guy.

I told him to register for plan Home 500 combo. When the BSNL guy came in to install the connection with the modem and all, he told me I was given the plan 250 . I told him to not install upon which he told me that the plan change process was simple and took only a few minutes. I agreed and let him install the thing.

Now today I went to their CFO, who told me that they can't change plans before 3 months from the date the connection was taken. I tried to convince him but he just did not give in. He suggested that I terminate the connection and then apply for a new one if I wanted the 500C plan. I am not too sure, he did not appear to be sure of what he was talking about. I woudl like some conformation about this. Is the CFO telling the right thing ? Do BSNL not have am early termination penalty ? I had terminated my reliance broadnet on account on extended inactivity and they slapped a 1500 charge for early termination (I will take them to consumer court for this.) I would like to know if any of you had changed plans immideately , or soon after initiation of services ? And I seek a confirmation about the (non existence of) early termination charges.

Any help regarding this would be great .

For me they changed by next month 1st day morning,

problem is like this, I forgotten to tick the plan which I want in the broadband application form, so they defaultly activated the startup plan of Rs.250/-. After activating on the first day around 16th of July last year I downloaded around 1GB assuming I am under 500 plan, got shocked to see the plan after login to check the usage and went to telephone exchange next day, they showed my application and found my mistake, then I gave a letter asking for plan change, they promised by next month 1st it will be changed, and they changed the plan according their promise.

Well... I am kindda in the same boat... I applied for BSNL connection with 500C+ plan... At that time i didnt realize that the tick was done on the 500C plan... So for the plan change i dropped in a application with my CFO for the plan change... The plan was changed to 500C+ alright but my last months bill was over Rs 2000 while according to my total usage it should not be more then Rs 700...

I dont know how to follow the damm thing up...

dear am a BSNL user Frm last 3 years..so i know everything abt this BSNL and rules ..first thing u did the instalation of that plan...that was ur bigest mistake...u had to check the rules befor that...so now u cant change the plane before 3 months..they are right..u have to use this plan at least for three months..then they can change it to any other plan...2nd option..there is nothing like early termination penalty....u can change ur plan at any time by giving them a application to change the plan to higher one...but ..they will change it from 1st of the month and u have to give them that application atleast 5-7 days before month end....and one more thing u cant disconect the current broadband..they will never do this..they do this after passing of three months...so dear u are allready late now...u have to submit the letter before 25th of june...now u have only one option left..and that is..use it for this month .but dont forget to submit ur application....enjoy:)

^^ Thanks for the responses guys.....I've not been able to get back to the BSNL ppl since then as I was a bit too busy..... the above responses do have me a little confused though.

Harry_sood1 said:

they are right..u have to use this plan at least for three months..

then this:

u can change ur plan at any time by giving them a application to change the plan to higher one...but ..they will change it from 1st of the month and u have to give them that application atleast 5-7 days before month end....

@ Harry :I hope you meant that I could change the plan as long as I decide to go in for a HIGHER plan (even if 3 months have not passed since I got the connection) , right ?

I just gave them a letter and on the 1st of next month the plan was changed.

@ Anish : Had you had the connection installed for more than 3 months when you applied for the change of plan?

Neotheone said:
@ Anish : Had you had the connection installed for more than 3 months when you applied for the change of plan?
Actually yeah, I got my Home 500 in Jan, switched to 1350 in June.

Neotheone said:
^^ Thanks for the responses guys.....I've not been able to get back to the BSNL ppl since then as I was a bit too busy..... the above responses do have me a little confused though.

Harry_sood1 said:

then this:

@ Harry :I hope you meant that I could change the plan as long as I decide to go in for a HIGHER plan (even if 3 months have not passed since I got the connection) , right ?

You are likely to get your plan changed to a higher plan provided you apply few days before the month end. But they will also charge a deposit equal to the new plan in the next bill and adjust it afterwards, if you pester them for that. At least this is what happened to me.

janitha said:
You are likely to get your plan changed to a higher plan provided you apply few days before the month end. But they will also charge a deposit equal to the new plan in the next bill and adjust it afterwards, if you pester them for that. At least this is what happened to me.
no man no...they never charge u anything in advance for ur next plan....in ur case if they charged u and adusted in next bill then ok..but in normol case it never happens..

Neotheone said:

Harry_sood1 said:
then this:
yes when i am telling u by side of BSNL then they are right u have to use this plan for 3 months...if u want to disconect it..u cant do this cos it is the minimum time u have to use it...but u can change the plan any time ...but it will be effected by 1st of the month....simple

Anish said:
Actually yeah, I got my Home 500 in Jan, switched to 1350 in June.

why did u switch 2 mbps to 512 kbps ultimate reason ?+

so i am plans u change to 256 ultimate :| at my naive place so i got upto 4 k power bill :(

so i don't have any problem using my 256 kbps ulimted past 1 year using dynamic ip address at my modem 504 t at my city Chennai :p

Hey guys, the problem is solved ! finally I went and gave the application for plan change in the same office to some senior officer in the same building, he was very co-operative and to my amazement , the plan was changed within a day !!!! I never expected such prompt action from the BSNL people !!!! it was wonderful.

Back