BSNL Reformulation of Broardband plans & launch of a new Unlimited Broadband Plan-850

Re: BSNL Reformulation of Broardband plans & launch of a new Unlimited Broadband Plan

red_devil said:
you can call me blind a bit later but do tell me where is it written that there are any plans to remove the night unlimited on the Home 500 plan?
There won't be any BBG FN 500 plan onward January.

Re: BSNL Reformulation of Broardband plans & launch of a new Unlimited Broadband Plan

Hacker said:
Still happy with UL 750
Same here. Thats the best plan and I get 20% off (provided by MP Govt) over that so basically its 620 Rs plan for me.

There are probably fewer number of subscribers to these plans than the number of plans.

The most popular Night UL plan BBG FN Combo 600 (2.5 GB limit.,250 free calls) will still be there anyway....wats the problem with the removal of the other BBG FN 500 then ! Also now its Rs 0.20 per MB....so even if we overshoot by a GB it just 200 bucks extra compared to earlier Rs 500.

Most of their customers are on the Home 500/600 and UL 750 and both of those are untouched.:mad:
I'm still trying to figure out what the "Revision in the Night Unlimited 02:00 to 08:00 feature is, everything is still the same. :huh:
MTNL has some brains, their NU starts at midnight to 8 AM. When are these people going to wake up and do something meaningful, instead of launching BS plans that nobody wants.

:bshit: :chair:

It would have nice if they had double the limit for the 500/600 plan. Its still stuck on paltry 1.5GB and 2.5 GB :( The connection speeds are great but then have to keep an eye on the shaplus meter when watching youtube :mad:

So for the users of the BB500 combo the plan remains ri8? Else have to shift to BB 600 combo.

virus32win said:
It has been decided by the BSNL that following Postpaid Broadband Plans shall not be offered to the prospective customers henceforth for new subscriptions. However these plans shall continue to exist for the existing customers.

Name of the Plan not to be offered to New prospective customers--
BBG 125
BBG Combo 1500
BBG FN 500
BBG Combo 3500
BBG Combo 650
BBG Speed Combo 4500
BBG Combo 749
BB Home Combo ULD 1400
BBG Combo 850
hello , i m on bsnl home combo 625 UL plan since 6 months or so , wat wud happen to that?? , there i no change in my profile when i check data usage

and i dont find any new plans on bsnl's website as of now

.:Unlimited Home Only:.

this page is still unchanged!!

do existing customers have night unlimited

somebody clarify

^ People with popular BBG FN 500, BBG FN 600 and other plans where NU is applicable do have night unlimited, 2am to 8am.

From what i understand people who already have FN 500 get to keep it. It's just that new subscribers can't get the plan.

Night unlimited plans are good, but local bsnl doesn't offer them to students here. I stay in a university town. They apparently had a lot of trouble with students not paying bills. Only choice is UL750.

I so hope BSNL increases the speed of UL750. It's a pain watching videos on youtube. Used to find 240p videos. Now most videos are 360p and above.

Hey, I have been using UL750 for quite some time now.
And I don't see it listed there, so are they going to scrap it? :(
Sorry if I am missing something here! :ashamed:

reddy8155 said:
From what i understand people who already have FN 500 get to keep it. It's just that new subscribers can't get the plan.

Night unlimited plans are good, but local bsnl doesn't offer them to students here. I stay in a university town. They apparently had a lot of trouble with students not paying bills. Only choice is UL750.

I so hope BSNL increases the speed of UL750. It's a pain watching videos on youtube. Used to find 240p videos. Now most videos are 360p and above.
even increment of the 750 UL from 512 kbps to 768 kbps would be good.

^ i was on 750ul for 3 years (@256K speeds). then i shifted to the combo 500 plan. now even 2Mbps looks slow to me. First few months i was happy seeing youtube videos in 360p downloading in minutes, now the minutes seem too long. people like me get addicted to speed quite fast. :(

^^I downgraded from 2Mbps to UL1350 and then to UL750. Combos work out too expensive and inconvenient (scheduling dls etc.). If only BSNL had a 1/2 Mbps unlimited plan, I'd be willing to pay significantly more than what I'm paying now.

funkysourav said:
The UL 850 plan sucks
who on their right mind would pay for it overlooking the more viable UL 750 (512Kbps all over)

The Home 500 night unlimited has been actually upgraded to 256kbps unlimited all over

thanks op for the heads up :)
I appreciate it
Can U please explain?

I have BSNL Home Combo 500 (2-8 am Unlimited download) otherwise 1.5 GB

kestrel5915 said:
Hey, I have been using UL750 for quite some time now.

And I don't see it listed there, so are they going to scrap it? :(

Sorry if I am missing something here! :ashamed:
They certainly scrapped mine. They moved my connection from 750 UL to 625 UL with crappy speeds. When I complained they told me abt this. I told them ( in rather strong words ) that it needs to be reverted back to 750 UL. Got a reply that plan doesnot exist anymore. Written a mail to nodal officer and waiting for the reply.

Back