BSNL's MT882 modem not working: Red Blinking ADSL light

pretttt

Skilled
Hi All,
My 5yr+ old MT882 modem has now stopped working. I guess many of you should be familiar with this modem. The ADSL light is red but keeps blinking continuously. It should actually be red and stable under normal connectivity.

All this started when I bought a wifi router, Asus RT-N10. The router initially refused to recognise the connection settings of the modem. I did a reset (pressing the button at the back for 10 secs) on both the modem and the router. The router immediately recognised the connection and started working. I used like this for a whole night of downloading. In the morning, I turned off the modem for some time, but when I restarted it, again the same problem came up. The router was again unable to get the internet connection settings. So, I did a reset again on both the router and modem. After this, the modem stopped working completely.
I think there is some problem with the modems settings. I'm attaching the images. Please compare it with your settings and let me know if something looks out of place. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.
Summary Page:

WAN Settings:

DHCP page:

DNS page:

NAT:

LAN Settings:

ADSL settings:

Firmware:

Diagnostics:

^ Did not connect that again. Planning to do that on weekend maybe.

But, I'm also having second thoughts about using that. The BSNL guy who came to see the modem couldn't get it to work and told that it is dead and needs to be replaced. It did start working after that, but I'm not sure for how long. Now I'm thinking of instead getting the BSNL wifi modem for rent and using that. Pros would be that if it goes bad, BSNL will replace it and since it is wifi modem, I dont have go through the torture that configuring the wifi router. But, i guess, getting rid of the router would be a problem.

actually there was some problem with BSNL NIB-1 servers in many areas in last couple of days and I suppose yours happened to be one of them

^yea probably that was the reason. But, funny thing was that the BSNl guy was convinced the modem was dead and even wrote out a letter asking us to submit it asking for a new BSNL modem.
So, coming to configuring the wifi router, well I tried everything yesterday. Still no luck!! :(

Can someone please help me out with this. The router is Asus RT-N10 and modem is Huawei MT-882. The router instructions only say to connect to modem and the router is then supposed to detect settings on its own. But, it doesnt do that. I even tried entering some values manually, still no use. Let me know if you need a screenshot of any settings page. I'll put it up.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Back