Windows BSOD - Error Memory management

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
Hi,

I keep getting this BSOD with error memory management and sometime Kernel Security Check Failure.

How can i fix this, please help!!

Specs:

3400g
8GB *2 DDR4 3200Mhz
1 TB SN550
GTX 1060 3GB

I suggest you run a memory test. If you encounter errors during this test, then turn off xmp profile in BIOS and run memtest again.
Also try to use only 1 RAM module at a time to check and ensure that the RAM is not failing for some reason.

First of all you need to make sure it's your RAM.
Download Memtest86 and make the bootable usb.
Turn of XMP or DOCP in BIOS and let your RAM run on default 2133/2400Mhz frequency.
Boot the USB and let the test run. If you see errors at any stage then you need to determine which stick is faulty.
For that you need to run the test with only 1 stick installed, for both sticks one at a time in the same slot (to rule out a faulty slot).

When you find which stick is faulty you know what to do.

In a rare case where both sticks seem to pass the test on default speeds then you need to repeat the test with XMP ON. If those pass again it's probably some faulty device driver causing the issue but I doubt that.

Did the BSODs begin after some recent software/hardware change? If it has started out of the blue then definitely exhaust what @enthusiast29 has suggested. I've had BSODs as a result of an old 24pin extension cable that was dropping the 3.3v line (that powers NVME drives) to 2.9v.

If you have updated or have a outdated display driver this too can result in this error. Update display rivers and check or rollback to the earlier one if recently updated.

update, ran Memory test that comes with windows 10. It worked in identifying the bad stick. Have sent it in for RMA. Meanwhile running the computer with a single stick, BSOD have stopped! Thanks all!

Back