BSOD whenever I start gaming

Can you do a fresh windows install on a spare SSD/HDD and try? Because if a component was malfunctioning why only during gaming? It's something driver related when being used only during gaming.

Can you do a fresh windows install on a spare SSD/HDD and try? Because if a component was malfunctioning why only during gaming? It's something driver related when being used only during gaming.
OP says it's freezing and locking during windows operation. So highly doubt it's software or driver related. Mobo or GPU most likely. OP also did the fresh install that i recommended, on a spare hdd..to rule out a bad NVME, that had the same issues.

OP says it's freezing and locking during windows operation. So highly doubt it's software or driver related. Mobo or GPU most likely. OP also did the fresh install that i recommended, on a spare hdd..to rule out a bad NVME, that had the same issues.
Also it was unusable Win 10 on HDD, it's so bad. Games was lagging more coz of HDD. Not sure how people manage with HDD on Win 10.

Also it was unusable Win 10 on HDD, it's so bad. Games was lagging more coz of HDD. Not sure how people manage with HDD on Win 10.
Not sure about what drive you used and its health, but games should not lag ideally. Yes, boot times and responsiveness would be terrible, but once everything is loaded it should not cause games to lag. If your drive is good, its probably more evidence pointing to a potential bad board.

nvidia drivers do have stutter issue , actually the issue is on windows end nvidia claim to have resolved it from their end

Also stop all the hw monitor utilities and test and razer are also known for its bad software & drivers

Last edited:
This sounds very much an issue with the PSU,has your pc ever randomly reebooted?
It used to BSOD on old PSU, since new PSU only stutter happens. On old PSU both BSOD & Stutter happened.

nvidia drivers do have stutter issue , actually the issue is on windows end nvidia claim to have resolved it from their end

Also stop all the hw monitor utilities and test and razer are also known for its bad software & drivers

Tried it, also on same hardware everything was working fine till 2 months ago. So clearly one of the component is causing issue. I dont think its software problem.

only motherboard is remaining, everything else is already changed.
I gave motherboard for replacement will take 1 week. If still problem doesn't go away then next I will RMA the RAM then SSD, then GPU once again (as 1% chance I got bad RMA GPU last month)

5 Months of my life wasted doing replacement & going to service centers lol :laughing::laughing:

I gave motherboard for replacement will take 1 week. If still problem doesn't go away then next I will RMA the RAM then SSD, then GPU once again (as 1% chance I got bad RMA GPU last month)

5 Months of my life wasted doing replacement & going to service centers lol :laughing::laughing:
I understand your situation, Quality of everything degraded over time.
Last week I bought a MSI mobo and trying to fix a issue - One of a Pcie slot didn't detects my sound card after cold boot, however it works when I swap from other pcie slot and softboot or reset it.
after troubleshooting everything for last 3-4 days, I reached to the conclusion something isn't right with Bios code.
My situation is even different , what to do when you don't 've service center in your city, taking it to 70kms is these times is another stress moreover it's BIOS issue which can't be resolved with a replacement.
Such poor programming skills.
just because of this issue I need to plug it in other Pcie slot near my GPU which is now running 10-12C hotter. :laughing:

Most likely your problem should be resolved with new mobo, if not then we'll restart the loop from GPU :laughing:

i would have done RMA for other parts also whichever i can at same time....reduces time
Yes I thought of doing that it would be lot faster. But RMA all together has 2 drawbacks.

1) RMA-ing good components which are working perfect is not good as they give you refurbished, repaired or B grade replacement stock. I think only AMD gives you brand new CPU which is meant to be sold at store shelves rest all companies give you open box re-tested/repaired stuff.
2) You will never know what was the issue. So just for learning purpose it's good to do 1 by 1 even though it's lot more time consuming

Back