Budget: 15-25k. Wanted: 15.6" Laptop.

Maestro

Adept
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an extremely budget laptop.

• What's your Budget? 15-25k, but the closer to 20k the better.

• What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Web surfing/ Movies & Music/ (very) Casual Gaming

• What size and weight considerations do you have? 15.6" display is a must. Laptop will only be used indoors, so portability is not a big deal. However, this laptop is for an elderly person, so the lesser the weight the better. but I'd like the weight to be as light as possible.

• Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Most brands will be considered. No HCLs or Wipro's and the like.

• Any other considerations? Battery life of at least 3-4 hours would be great. Windows OS optional. No Celeron dual-cores. Good HD playback performance. Would prefer to purchase online.

Will be installing Windows 7 / 8 on this laptop if it comes without Windows pre-installed.

Have a few options that I found online, looking for opinions on them and other suggestions.

1. Asus X53U-SX181D LAPTOP - Brown / Brazos Dual Core /2 GB /320 GB / DOS/15.6"/ | eBay
2. Fujitsu Lifebook AH531 Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 320GB/ No OS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Fujitsu Notebook
3. Asus X54C-SX316D Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook
4. Toshiba Satellite C850-P5010 Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 320GB/ No OS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook
5. Acer Gateway NE56R Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 128MB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Acer Notebook

Thanks,
Maestro

Back