Budget 5.1 speaker system

F&D 5.1 any series(model) is better than Edifier. I have both the sets i.e. Edifier 5.1 bought for approx Rs.7000 from Alfa in Mumbai around 2 years back andan F&D 5.1 (their top end model F6000U5.1) costing approx Rs.9000 on Flipkart.
The sound quality of the F&D 5.1 is very good,especially the Subwoofer, which is way better than the Edifier. Sound Quality wise I would rate the edifier at 5/10 and the F&D at 8/10 (keeping in mind the price of both) .

F&D 5.1 any series(model) is better than Edifier. I have both the sets i.e. Edifier 5.1 bought for approx Rs.7000 from Alfa in Mumbai around 2 years back andan F&D 5.1 (their top end model F6000U5.1) costing approx Rs.9000 on Flipkart.
The sound quality of the F&D 5.1 is very good,especially the Subwoofer, which is way better than the Edifier. Sound Quality wise I would rate the edifier at 5/10 and the F&D at 8/10 (keeping in mind the price of both) .

Am unable to connect the F&D 6000 with my samsung es6220...Can you help me with this :) Attaching the image of tv's back

Attachments

• samung back.jpg
    samung back.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,173

what edifier model is it?!

There are no ports at the side & have tried that with headphone jack which does not give any audio o/p strangely

i suppose this is what the back of the sub looks like?

http://www.affordableproductreview.com/ArtImg/F6000_6.jpg

if yes, then connect the satellites as per the labels on the back of the sub. i think you may have done that already. then using an RCA cable, connect the 'auxiliary' ports at the sub's back to the corresponding ports on your TV's back (audio R & L). choose sound input mode on the remote of F&D to select aux/5.1 on the sub.

The RCA ports on the back panel says "Component/AV IN".
So, would this work?

i suppose, yes, it should, and am sure it would. i connect my AV devices to my speakers the same way, though haven't connected the TV directly to the speakers, but the DTH STB's RCA ports to my sub's auxiliary ports. leaving out the combined video signal port (yellow one; or the RGB ones), the other 2 ports, ie, the red and white, could be connected to the corresponding ports on the sub's back with a usual RCA cable.

Last edited:
yes, simple point that i overlooked! its an 'in' connection, not 'out'.
in that case then, 3.5mm to RCA or optical to RCA would be the only viable options i guess, as suggested earlier.

Last edited:
i suppose this is what the back of the sub looks like?

http://www.affordableproductreview.com/ArtImg/F6000_6.jpg

if yes, then connect the satellites as per the labels on the back of the sub. i think you may have done that already. then using an RCA cable, connect the 'auxiliary' ports at the sub's back to the corresponding ports on your TV's back (audio R & L). choose sound input mode on the remote of F&D to select aux/5.1 on the sub.

Bro i've tried that & it did not work, now using speakers only with my mobile :D
Final attempt will be to buy a digital to analog converter :( another 700 bucks

Bro i've tried that & it did not work, now using speakers only with my mobile :D
Final attempt will be to buy a digital to analog converter :( another 700 bucks

hehe.
anyway, since your TV's headphone-jack doesn't seem to be working, the optical-to-RCA solution suggested by @mathrisk earlier is the best and only options left i think. check the following links and see if they can be of any help on that:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1411977 (for the same series of TV as yours)

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/18413-optical-audio-output-converter.html

going by the pen-drive connected to your TV in the pic that you shared, i suppose you don't have a dedicated media player, or don't use it? having one would've solved the issue for you, with regular TV-viewing using STB and analog audio-out from it on one hand, and movie-watching through media player and with analog out from it on the other hand; though just to get analog out to the HT, buying a media player separately couldn't be said to be a very good decision, since your TV plays most popular video-formats natively via USB, but if you were considering an upgrade due to any issues (if existent) like audio-video stuttering, etc., then now would be a good time to 'upgrade'. :D

Back