Budget 55" QLED TV discussion

buzz88

Disciple
Creating a thread here from Flipkart deals section, to avoid extra replies there.

https://www.flipkart.com/hisense-e7...idaa-tv-dolby-vision-atmos/p/itm38604c9aeac32

Hisense E7K 139 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart VIDAA TV @30400 with card

I believe this is the cheapest QLED 55" TV in the current sale. There are other cheaper LED options if QLED is not important to you. Vidaa OS is also a lot smoother and faster, but can be avoided with a Firestick if that is your preference. Also comes with 3 year warranty compared to 1-2 years for other brands. Haven't heard the best about Hisense aftersales support, but feels like worth the risk at this price.

If anyone finds a better QLED 55 deal, please tag me. Gaming/higher refresh rate is not important to me.
It says 275 nits in specifications. Isn't it less?

Yes, compared to more expensive units, this is less. But my primary usage for this DTH and OTT for living room. I am not looking for the best PQ here. Planning to get a bigger 85" miniLED next year for the movie room when I retire my projector.

is there a very significant diff betwwen led vs qled panel while watching thru ott ?

Though as other users have pointed out, this model has very less nits compared to usual 500-600 nits for other models. I don't much care about nits as I am not going to watch any HDR content on this.

Been considering this too, but it comes down to that price point only with EMI. Want to avoid EMIs.
Yeah they want to promote EMI at all cost. Today I got a call from SBI that they are offering CC
I am looking for 43' model but most of the deals are for 55' when it comes to QLED

Back