Video Budget 65k (approx) Size 42" and more. Want Plasma, LCD or LED

Okay, looking to go for a big screen in a month or so. Want something bigger than 42"

I know its awesomely difficult to find a proper LED or LCD in that range but still pour in the suggestions

Mandates

1) FHD = 1920 x 1080
2) Good contrast ratio
3) PC connectivity, VGA, DVI or HDMI
4) USB playing functionality
5) Screen type, dont want glossy
Things dont matter

1) Brand
2) Speakers on the TV

Had checked a couple of TV's but my heart is bent on the LG 50PK550 which is a plasma and available for 64k or so incl everything.

Suggest please guys

What do you intend to watch on the HDTV! :p

Some recommendations - Samsung LA40C550, LA40C630 or the Sony 40EX500. The last 2 sports 100Hz tech - suitable for gaming. None of them are LED backlit.

Why are you so hellbent on getting something above 42"? Bigger isn't always better you know! :p

i bought LG pk550, 50" plasma, full hd for around 60k from vijay sales. totally worth it, its got beatifull colors & the tv is very thin. you can check the reviews online.

Yeah, I am looking to get that one itself. 60k is a helluva price cause I confirmed in Vijay sales itself and they gave me 65k'ish price.

The thing is, plasma with gobble electricity and mom was like lets go for LED tv, they will not take up so much power.

Any idea on the typical consumption per hour of the 50PK550

^ Only the price right now. If you have to pay the difference in electric bills later on, it wouldn't seem so would it? 6-7 hours every day is no joke! :p

ultimabasher said:
I surely will look into it. Plasma seems too tempting to be honest.
Plasma TVs definitely have an edge over LCDs. All those phosphor trail issues were a thing of the past TBH. But w.r.t power consumption, plasmas still consume about 3 times more than what an LCD does. ~300W.

So go to an outlet and decide what suits you the best. If you are into blu-rays and hd rips, plasmas will def. have an edge over LED backlit and LCD TVs (LEDs are almost as good as plasmas but you pay a hefty premium as well!). If you take console gaming into account, LCDs will have an edge. So choose wisely.

if you lookin for good lookin leds, i wud suggest check out 5 and 6 series samsung led.

5 series samsung 40" will cost around 65K .. which is really slim.

I got 6 series, m happy with it, but thats around 76K

^Good suggestion there! IINM infected had posted a thread in the show-off section for a Panny 42V20E. That plasma beats the living crap out of all LED TVs which cost about 15k more for the same size. The PQ when watching a blu-ray or a console game is absolutely brilliant - had seen one at a Croma outlet last weekend playing a demo bluray disc. And it is priced for close to 62k. Certainly fits the bill but power consumption has to be accounted for.

^^^^...Just go and test oput the Panasonic 42v20, at night preferably and you wikll know why this TV beats every other. It is simply brilliant. I got the first one in the country and even Panasonic as posted my little review of it on their FB page. Really I am not bragging cause I have it, just go and test it out before you put your money and test it out with any FullHD rip...I took months to decide which one to get and now I am fully satisfied, more so still in awe of it.

below is a link of it from another forum, read on it and you will be convinced as many other buyersd there have picked it up to...

Got home the Panasonic 42V20 :)

AND

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/the-4th-state-of-matter-finally-167981.html

It fits in your budget and you can't go wrong. The only cons are it generates a bit of heat more than LCD or LED, but I got an AC in teh room so its cool...I have not connected my Monitor since this one came home a few months ago...

PS. I dont wanna start a Plasma vs LED vs LCD debate. If its Picture Quality you are looking for then this is simply the best IMO. The black levels on this are stunning!! I have probably watched Avatar FullHD 30 times or so now esp. the night scene in the forest is simply better then any thing I have ever seen,...It feels as though I can almost touch it, Almost!!

As for the power consumption, I dont know how many hours you are gonna watch TV or game, I only watch a few hours, maybe 3-4 hours max at nites but now my girlfriend is in the country so its being used almost 6-7 hours a day whilst I am in office itself. It is rated at 300-350 watts max, but thats not really true it depends on what one is watching, more so Bright and white scenes take more electricity.

^^ atleast still there are some ppl who think of power .:D .I would rather look at some other product or settle for little bit less specs than burn power like hell .

^^ Yeah thats a lot agreed, almost another small Computer running, and about the heat it has 2 small fans for keeping it all cool but they dont make a sound....but really Pune guys are more than welcome for any FullHD movie show on any weekends...and I dont work for Panasonic :)

350W is max and not average though I havent tested the true value while watching a movie....

Cheers,

Back