Budget 75-80k. Required for gaming.

Orija

Adept
  • Q: What is your budget?

75k though I can take it to ~80k

• Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Generic 120GB HDD, around 4 years old
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU- i5 2500k

Mobo- preferably a Z68 board though I can live with a P67 one too.

PSU- Corsair 650W TX V2

Monitor- Dell 2311H

Cabinet- NZXT Gamma

Ram- G-skill Ripjaws/Corsair Vengeance 4GB

GPU- 7950

UPS- APS BR1100VA-IN

• Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yea, once the prices go down I'll be getting a Seagate 1TB HDD
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Open to all.

• Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Prefer Asus for the mobo
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Graphic intensive stuff, you know, The Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Crysis at HD rez
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1920x1080
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?

CPU, yes.
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7/8

Also:

Is getting a UPS absolutely necessary?

Will the NZXT Gamma be large enough to accomodate the AMD GPU and the other stuff?

Intel Core i5 2500k ~13500/- + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~4000/-

ASUS P8Z68-M PRO ~9500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 2 1600MHz modules ~3400/-

AMD HD 7950 series graphics card ~28000/- [tentative, actual price is still unknown till release mid-March]

[Try to buy a second hand drive from TE Classifieds section, hard drive prices are supposed to come down post March, early May]

Seasonic S12II 620W ~4400/-

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5400/- http://www.techpower...r/Carbide_400R/

Dell Ultrasharp U2312M ~14500/- [6-bit e-IPS panel based monitor, hope this is sufficient for you needs]

Corsair Vengeance M60 OR Logitech G300 ~2800/- http://www.overclock..._mouse_review/1 OR 1300/- http://www.techencla...ch-g300-review/ [the Logitech mouse is an ambidextrous design while the Corsair M60 is right handed lock-FPS design]

APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4600/- [better to be safe than sorry losing all your expensive components to a power surge, it will look stupid especially if you did not take requisite precautions]

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium -->http://www.microsoft...ways_2_buy.aspx OR get an OEM version installed while purchasing the PC*.

*there are certain restrictions on the OEM edition, do inquire with the dealer what all restrictions these are, no. of times software can be re-installed et al.

I have not suggested any speakers OR audio devices as I do not have a good idea of them.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Things are getting little out of budget,i think op would have to settle for Nzxt Gamma-2.4k and better go for Dell U2311H-14.5k than U2312M,Somewhere things have to cut down,OP can settle for CM Hyper 212 EVO-2.1k,OP should read the review of #ALPHA17 on Logitech G300 if op feels that the mouse is little small then Logitech G400-1.4k is a worth giving a look at.

Aww shit, forgot to mention that I do have a keyboard and mouse as well as speakers. My bad.

Also, ALPHA17, it seems the 7950 is out there already.

Things are getting little out of budget,i think op would have to settle for Nzxt Gamma-2.4k and better go for Dell U2311H-14.5k than U2312M,Somewhere things have to cut down,OP can settle for CM Hyper 212 EVO-2.1k,OP should read the review of #ALPHA17 on Logitech G300 if op feels that the mouse is little small then Logitech G400-1.4k is a worth giving a look at.

U2311 has been phased out, the market is now flooded with the U2312M ~14500/-.

The Gamma is a wise step down, but OP will need to but a couple of fans to generate an airflow.

And I think I am ALPHA17 Sire, I already gave my review link pertaining to the same to OP.

I think prime still has U2311H in stock,if op couldn't find one then U2312M is the way to go,it's better to add 2X2 120mm fans in gamma if op is having strict budget,about the review i was referring to you.
<
U2311 has been phased out, the market is now flooded with the U2312M ~14500/-. The Gamma is a wise step down, but OP will need to but a couple of fans to generate an airflow. And I think I am ALPHA17 Sire, I already gave my review link pertaining to the same to OP.

Get a 6950 twin frozer or if you can bear with cf then 6850 cf. the 7950 isn't very comfortable at 30k since you need to spend another 25k on CPU plus mobo. Your gpu budget should be 15-20k max.

if it is just to protect your pc components a surge protector is enough instead of ups belkin /huntkey rs 500-800

Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 12574flipkart

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 3900 or Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler 2000 itwares

Back