Budget ANC headset/earbuds for travel

Ssreek

Adept
I have to be on frequent travel for a couple of months.
I already have Samsung Galaxy buds 2, and the sound signature is excellent, but yesterday during travel I had to sit close to the speakers in a bus. I couldn't sleep becz of the bombastic sound of the movie. The buds couldn't block the sound despite having a good seal. This is the 3rd time I'm facing trouble with noisy travel this week.

After a small search, I found the realme buds wireless 2 (neckband) has anc for a budget. I have never experienced anc.

Let me know if these or any other headsets/earbuds will help with my travel woes. There are so many reviews on youtube but it's mostly chapri guys speaking nonsense, no offence intended.

Anc and a decent mic for calls are a must.
Budget is only Rs.3k max.

If you say these budget anc sets are not worth, I will get some earplugs and call it a day for now.

Last edited:
From experience, Bose (nothing to do with me) and Sony have the "appropriate" ANC tech in their products but they are beyond budget .. I will defer to others on how the chifi fare, when it comes in ANC.
You can try wearing headphones once if feasible.

From experience, Bose (nothing to do with me) and Sony have the "appropriate" ANC tech in their products but they are beyond budget .. I will defer to others on how the chifi fare, when it comes in ANC.
I assumed Bose and Sony are for airplane level noise. Mine is mostly bus or train.

You can try wearing headphones once if feasible.
Didn’t get you. You mean those Bose/Sony sets or any “headphones”?

I assumed Bose and Sony are for airplane level noise. Mine is mostly bus or train.
ANC works best for the same continuous level of noise eg. engine, motor, etc. If the noise dB varies then any ANC set will struggle. So yes, they work best for airplanes or trains but will also work to some extent in buses.
Didn’t get you. You mean those Bose/Sony sets or any “headphones”?
Any over ear headphones. They do give some isolation from noise.

You would also want to check the fitment and seal of your earbuds. More often than not lack of proper seal is the culprit.

I have to be on frequent travel for a couple of months.
I already have Samsung Galaxy buds 2, and the sound signature is excellent, but yesterday during travel I had to sit close to the speakers in a bus. I couldn't sleep becz of the bombastic sound of the movie. The buds couldn't block the sound despite having a good seal. This is the 3rd time I'm facing trouble with noisy travel this week.
Nothing will block that
After a small search, I found the realme buds wireless 2 (neckband) has anc for a budget. I have never experienced anc.

Why people never link to stuff they talk about beats me....
Let me know if these or any other headsets/earbuds will help with my travel woes. There are so many reviews on youtube but it's mostly chapri guys speaking nonsense, no offence intended.

Anc and a decent mic for calls are a must.
This is where Ken comes in. To get decent calls, mic and mouth must be in close proximity.

When I see the design of your realme i can't see a dangling mic. The more aesthetic design of version 2 puts the mic on the base. That increases the distance between your mouth and the mic and will compromise your voice quality in some situations.

He has not reviewed the realme model but an equivalent in price and form factor, one plus Bullets Wireless Z2 and he points out this problem of the Z2 with its predecessor.
Budget is only Rs.3k max.

If you say these budget anc sets are not worth, I will get some earplugs and call it a day for now.
That might be easier. If you follow it up with a couple of pegs I think you will have sound sleep as well.

Anyway, it's not good for the ears to be listening in a noisy environment.

Nothing will block that

Why people never link to stuff they talk about beats me....
my bad, will link next time.

This is where Ken comes in. To get decent calls, mic and mouth must be in close proximity.

When I see the design of your realme i can't see a dangling mic. The more aesthetic design of version 2 puts the mic on the base. That increases the distance between your mouth and the mic and will compromise your voice quality in some situations.

He has not reviewed the realme model but an equivalent in price and form factor, one plus Bullets Wireless Z2 and he points out this problem of the Z2 with its predecessor.
Ken is the first guy I search for such reviews, but sadly he didn’t cover this one. Let’s say my emphasis is on anc only.
That realme link even shows a picture indicating it will take of bus, airplane and traffic noise, but I find it hard to believe them, especially for such a low price.

That might be easier. If you follow it up with a couple of pegs I think you will have sound sleep as well.

Anyway, it's not good for the ears to be listening in a noisy environment.
Not sure what kind of pegs..
If you’re talking abt drinks, I’m a teetotaler.

Not sure what kind of pegs..
If you’re talking abt drinks, I’m a teetotaler.
Even better then. Only one needed :D

I'm being serious here that's how a lot of people put up with the din of travelling in the country in buses especially at night.

You will have to knock yourself out some other way. But tech solutions is not going to address it.

Back