Budget car for parents at ~3.0l

HellSlyne

Adept
I know there ain't many options at that budget. Almost picking up Alto Lxi - But still would like to confirm whether K10 Lxi is worth an upgrade of 30k considering it will be mostly used by parents and occasionally by me. My dealer is offering Lxi at 2.98l and K10 Lxi at 3.3l.

TIA, Sajit

alto k10 has a definitive performance increase and go for it only because the old alto (800cc engine) has an issue of sluggish performance after the AC is switched on. The k10 having a 1000cc engine does have a performance boost and doesnt acts sluggish as much as the 800cc engine.

Did you check out the Spark? I don't remember if they still have the discounts in place, but if they do, it is one helluva buy, considering you also get the 3 year maintenance free thing for around 10K extra.

The problem is I'm on a strict budget and I can't really go beyond 3.3l. @agantuk-How much discount are they offering on Spark? The basic one seems to be missing power steering which can be a downer considering my parents will drive it

I heard some dealers were offering excellent discounts on the A-Star to the extent that it almost brought the price to the Alto K10 levels. I would personally prefer the A-Star even at a slight premium.

sajitsm said:
The problem is I'm on a strict budget and I can't really go beyond 3.3l. @agantuk-How much discount are they offering on Spark? The basic one seems to be missing power steering which can be a downer considering my parents will drive it

Have you checked with the showroom? IINM, within 3.3lacs OTR you can get the LS version. at least in Delhi.

In terms of ride quality and comfort, spark is a lot better than alto.

sajitsm said:

Missed your post. In Delhi, the Spark LT is available @ 3.3L. Check this out.

Article Window

As manu already said, the Spark is an excellent VFM car, and you should definitely atleast take a TD before taking any decision :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And here are the links from TOI Bangalore (going by your profile location :) )

Article Window

Article Window

Ingress and egress is an important point to consider when buying a car for parents. So, Wagon R, Santro would be better anyday than the Alto/Spark.

If you are in tight budget consider a Nano. Excellent space and height.

Thanks for your suggestions...

Guess I should have to check out Spark. I hope the special price is available in Kerala where my parents reside.

I wouldn't worry about ingress or degress as they are of small stature :)

EDIT: Is that 3.3l OTR price?

Back