Budget 41-50k Budget Gaming Build

gastly

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50-55K (Could extend to 60K max but only if the performance is worth it)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • I have the HP DV6 6121tx laptop that has a Core i7 processor and AMD 6770M graphics card. It's decent for gaming but it overheats alot even with a cooler. Plus, I'm done with gaming on a laptop lol
  1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard and mouse :p
  2. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD FX 6300 (Rs. 7674)
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (Rs. 4425)
    • GPU - MSI HD7850 (Rs. 15800)
    • PSU - Corsair CX500 (Rs. 3900)
    • Monitor - Dell IN2030 (Rs. 6600)
    • RAM - Corsair Vengrance 1x4GB (Rs. 3040)
    • Case - NZXT Tempest 410 (Rs. 5500)
    • HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500 GB (Rs. 3650)
    • CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (Rs. 2400)
  3. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I would like this to last a few more years, except maybe I could add another stick of RAM
  4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  5. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  6. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
  7. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I don't hate Intel but for this build I would prefer AMD mainly because their products are incredibly VFM but I'm open to an Intel build suggestions as well.
  8. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS - Team Fortress 2, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield 4
  9. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1600x900 (Which is the resolution of the monitor that I'm considering for this build)
  10. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  11. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux - Linux Mint (Linux support is a must for this as I do development on Linux)
All prices that I've written are from Flipkart and Ebay.
Please comment on the components that I've selected, it would be great if you could provide your own list of components as I have not finalized anything.

PS: I've seen a few similar threads for this budget but I want to include everything in 55K (CPU cooler, monitor, cabinet etc.) as I'm building from scratch, no old components (except for keyboard, mouse and speakers) so I thought I would create a new thread for this.

Thanks!

• CPU - AMD FX 6300 (Rs. 7674) FX 8320 (9.8K)
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (Rs. 4425) Asus 970Evo(6.6~7K)
  • GPU - MSI HD7850 (Rs. 15800) MSI GTX 760 Gaming ( 20.5~21K)
  • PSU - Corsair CX500 (Rs. 3900) or Seasonic S12 ii 520W ( 4.2K)
  • Monitor - Dell IN2030 (Rs. 6600) Dell 2240L or Benq Equivalent (8.5~9K)
  • RAM - Corsair Vengrance 1x4GB (Rs. 3040) Get this Gskill 8GB kit 1600Mhz ( OC to 1866 ) (5.2K)
  • Case - NZXT Tempest 410 (Rs. 5500)
  • HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500 GB (Rs. 3650) WD 1TB Blue (4.2K)
  • CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (Rs. 2400) Corsair H00i for FX83xx series (~ 7K)
I have given you more option by quoting components in RED fonts.Buy from Nehru Place and please visit 4-5 shops for price checks as most are taking people ride for $ fluctuations.I use to buy from Computer Empire and they gave 3KRs more final price on total of 40K rs....:eek::eek:
I would say go for 8 core FX over 6 core ...and better mobo nothing less than 970 series , better will be if you can buy 990 or 990Fx.Please get Gskill rams from flipkart or local shops over Corsair Vengance as they are grossly overpriced on flipkart or local market.

Thanks for the reply :)
But this is a little over budget for me, it totals to around 66K and my budget is around 55K (60K max only if the performance is worth it).
I don't really need a liquid cooler, Hyper 212 would be enough I think, I'm not going to do any crazy overclocks :D, so if I skip on it I can save a few bucks.
But nonetheless, great suggestions, you've got me reconsidering a few things, mainly the CPU and the motherboard. Still it would be great if I can get a build strictly around 55K :)

EDIT: By the way, do you know any good shops in Nehru Place where I can get things cheap? I know CostToCost and SMC International and Computer Empire, any other shops that you can recommend?

For mere 2K you are getting beast of Fx 8320 and pair it with 970 based mobo from Asus as they have better VRM/heat control.Fx 6300 is good at its price but when you can get 8 core for 2k rs more then choice is obvious.If i was looking to buy amd am3+ mobo then i would buy 990 based for single gpu and 990fx for twin gpu.....
CM 212 hyper is ok for 6 core fx but will hold your 8 core pretty badly before melting either cpu or itself:eek:
Get noctua air cooler over water AIO cooler then which will cost something around 4.5K or so.Please do not skimp on PSU / GPU ...any real purpose for 410 case ? I say ditch that one for CM haf 912 combat and save 1k rs which you can utilize on other things.
Cost2cost is best shop to see things and then move on to other shops for purchase as they mostly have idiotic sales managers with ZERO idea about products. SMC is rich man's shop and same goes for computer empire...they both tried to rip me apart for about 10% more than what i paid for my last i7 build.:mad::mad:
I buy now my components from different shop which has amazing prices which i can provide you on pm if you want.....you will certainly get things at lower price as this are prices $@68Rs.

If you can save a bit and wait for a month or so prices would be lower than what its today or do fragmented buy. :)

CM 212 hyper is ok for 6 core fx but will hold your 8 core pretty badly before melting either cpu or itself:eek:
Aluminium has a melting point of ~600C+ (silicon is even higher), so its not going to melt, and neither is the CPU. In any case, he will hit the temperature limits and CPU safety mechanisms will throttle or shut off the system. Let him see what sort of temps he's getting on the stock heatsink and then check if he needs to upgrade.

Last edited:
Get noctua air cooler over water AIO cooler then which will cost something around 4.5K or so.Please do not skimp on PSU / GPU ...any real purpose for 410 case ? I say ditch that one for CM haf 912 combat and save 1k rs which you can utilize on other things.
I've read that the tempest has better airflow than HAF 912.

Cost2cost is best shop to see things and then move on to other shops for purchase as they mostly have idiotic sales managers with ZERO idea about products. SMC is rich man's shop and same goes for computer empire...they both tried to rip me apart for about 10% more than what i paid for my last i7 build.:mad::mad:
I buy now my components from different shop which has amazing prices which i can provide you on pm if you want.....you will certainly get things at lower price as this are prices $@68Rs.
Cool, let me know the shop name and address in the PM :)

If you can save a bit and wait for a month or so prices would be lower than what its today or do fragmented buy. :)
Yes, I'll probably do a fragmented buy.

Aluminium has a melting point of ~600C+ (silicon is even higher), so its not going to melt, and neither is the CPU. In any case, he will hit the temperature limits and CPU safety mechanisms will throttle or shut off the system. Let him see what sort of temps he's getting on the stock heatsink and then check if he needs to upgrade.
I agree, things don't just melt :D
That's why I'm skeptical about getting an FX 8320, it'll run hot after overclocking, increase my budget and there's minimal difference in an FX6300 and 8320 in gaming.

Yups i know ....melting in my earlier post meant chip or sink which heat will roast either of them.:p
I've read that the tempest has better airflow than HAF 912.
Cool, let me know the shop name and address in the PM :)
Yes, I'll probably do a fragmented buy.
You can always add extra fan for case ..isnt it ?
I can post the shop name here too but don't want to risk getting BANNED ......hence pm route.
I agree, things don't just melt :D
That's why I'm skeptical about getting an FX 8320, it'll run hot after overclocking, increase my budget and there's minimal difference in an FX6300 and 8320 in gaming.
FX chips run hot....be it 4-6-8 cores......you need good cooling for them but CM22 can do the job for 4-6 core variants and limit you on 8 cores.
BF3 uses 6 full cores and BF4 is said to be tuned for fx 83xx using mantel API.Either ways i suggested 8 core chip over 6 was for future.You can go for fx 6300 with 970 mobo then if price doesnt justifies you.

Yups i know ....melting in my earlier post meant chip or sink which heat will roast either of them.:p

You can always add extra fan for case ..isnt it ?
I can post the shop name here too but don't want to risk getting BANNED ......hence pm route.
Sure, will be waiting for your PM :)

FX chips run hot....be it 4-6-8 cores......you need good cooling for them but CM22 can do the job for 4-6 core variants and limit you on 8 cores.
BF3 uses 6 full cores and BF4 is said to be tuned for fx 83xx using mantel API.Either ways i suggested 8 core chip over 6 was for future.You can go for fx 6300 with 970 mobo then if price doesnt justifies you.
hmm I'll think about the 8320 in that case, if the budget allows, thanks :)

Back