Video Budget LED TV required- MMX or Videocon or any other?

Hi I want to buy a second TV for home...looking at cheapest 33 inch options...
I have seen few like micromax or Videocon listed on flipkart and Amazon... Any tips on them???? Or something else???

hello! no mmx! read abt a member on another forum having a harrowing experience with them. videocon MAY be slightly better, although recently read abt an issue with it too. try may be something from vu/toshiba; the latter atleast. in any case, don't be very hopeful about the reliability of the tv, regardless of the brand.

Picture quality wise Videocon is much much ahead, atleast that was the case 7 months back, when I was buying and checking Demos in showrooms. Ended up buying Philips one(Videocon makes the philips TVs in India). Though I would suggest to buy a TV with 3 years warranty(i. e. Panasoinc at present or Philips was also giving the extended warranty a few months back). Do invest in some good quality stabilizers such as V-Gaurd's Crystal Plus series (even the cheapest one from that series will do)..

I have a Samsung 40 inch led, I want to use a v guard stabilizer directly with TV although my main line already has a bluebird stabilizer. What's the cost of such stabilizer and any links please?

http://www.flipkart.com/v-guard-min...=b_1&ref=36841cf4-594e-40a7-8574-21b4f0020c66

This is what I bought for 40" LED TV around 1300 bucks, power output wise its more then sufficient to power TV and Setup box, For Home theater I plug it separately to main power as they are quite reliable without any stabilizer.

In the specification of the product its mentioned for 32" inch, but nowadays even 40" led tv consume considerably low power, so its safe on that perspective(this stabilizer can handle systems upto 250 watt or say 200 watt on safer side), while 40" inch Philips TV consume only 100 watt.

@OP, just now saw on filipkart, you get extended warranty on Philips model as well, so total 3 years. Thats good.

Last edited:
Are you using this v guard model on 40 inch led tv already?

Can't find its output in watts, i mean upto what wattage it can handle any appliances?

I bought a VU 55" from flipkart last month, and I'm very happy with the purchase. PM me and I'll send you link to the review on another forum.

Ok i have an idea

Can't we use ups instead of stabilizer? Low power consumption ups is even better?

I have not much Idea as too many brands available in India. APC UPS should be better then stabilizers in this case, as they have many options that you can set. Such as voltage output range, sensitivity etc.

@sunny27 could give a headsup on Videocon TV's with inbuilt Videocon D2H + 1 year HD Platinum package.

I have not seen a MMX TV face to face - but from what reviews I have seen, the issue is with colour reproduction + clarity. Its is not accurate and seems to be over saturated even after changing the settings (could be wrong on this though).

Another word of caution, the A grade panels that most refer to are VA panels, not IPS panels.

Can we connect extension to this stabilizer to get more sockets? Is it good?
I only have 1 wall socket point, so if I connect stabilizer to it I am short of connecting devices like TV, FM, external HDD, more to come in future.

Can we connect extension to this stabilizer to get more sockets? Is it good?
I only have 1 wall socket point, so if I connect stabilizer to it I am short of connecting devices like TV, FM, external HDD, more to come in future.
Or your can first connect the extension then in one socket connect the stablizer, I connect only tV+ STB box with stablizer as they are costly and more at risk.

Back