CPU/Mobo Budget motherboard for AMD 64

digTro

Disciple
I'm looking for a budget motherboard for AMD 64 3200+, as in at the cheapest cost possible. Any suggestions on which one to go for? I'm looking to buy it in Hyderabad.

I presume its for the 3200 Skt 939 that you're using now. If so, try finding the Biostar 6100 chipset board. Should be good for OC'ing too ;)

Freaky said:
I presume its for the 3200 Skt 939 that you're using now. If so, try finding the Biostar 6100 chipset board. Should be good for OC'ing too ;)

And y would he want to trade in an a8n-e for a cheap mobo? If sock 939 is what ur looking for then a msi k8ngm is very good value for money. And try to stay away from asus... mainly coz of the after sales service. I'm sure quite a few ppl will vouch for that.

Thanks for all your replies. The board is not for me. One of my friends is looking for a cheap upgrade from Athlon 2000+.

Check your options with AM2- U can get 1GB DDR2 667 for the price of 512MB DDR 400.:)

Edit- but maybe you have the cpu already.:(
Or are you trying to upgrade by offloading your 3200 to your friend.:rofl::cool2:

go with am2 then...with a jetway 690g motherboard

and yeah...if ur frnd can chip in a lil more (arnd 1.2K) tell him to go with a brisbane 3600+ x2

2x1 gb ddr2 667 along with it i assume

No sense in going for Skt 939 when you get the AM2 X2 3600+ for around 3.4k and the Jetway 690G chipset board for 3.3k - A total of 6.7k. But if he's on a real tight budget, then the 3000+ and the Jetway 6100 chipset board for 5.4k is the best option.

^^Ya thats true... with sock 939 ur only going to have limited choice. It's no point buying older technology tends to be more expensive as well as inferior. It's going to be easier upgrading later as new cpu's come out u can carry on using the old mother board and ram.. etc etc.

Well lets start at the begining shall we? :D

What is his budget, what all does he need to buy, and what will he be using it for?

Back