Budget phone around 2k that's also good for music playback?

Santa Maria!

Disciple
Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: Around 2k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Anything

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Any damn thing.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: If the quality's good & there's good VFM, I'm open to ANY brand.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Anything

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Nope.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Anything.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: Don't care..

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Calls, and lots of music, hopefully?

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: 16GB expandable memory.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia X1-01?

Is the X1-01 the best bet in this range?

Can I get support for more than just MP3 in this range? Like AAC?

Is the X1-01 laggy to use?

Any better options?

Not a good choice for music phone

[quote ]

MP3 Player – This is the one that disappointed me. The phone has an MP3 player which plays MP3. That is it, it doesn’t do any thing else. It does not support play lists which is really bad. I have never seen an MP3 player without play list support. The website mentions “Edit your favourite playlistâ€, this is actually misleading to many. What you can do is you can add songs to “Favourites†which is the only playlist. For a phone supports a huge 16gb memory which can hold thousands of songs, having a single playlist is totally useless. The navigation is also pathetic. Even if you organize the songs in separate folders, you can not browse through folders. The phone displays a folder along with songs in it, you can not see multiple folders at the same time. The player supports repeat and shuffle play modes. The sound is good both via the speaker(which is really loud and clear) and the supplied headset. The sound is actually better with the supplied headphones than my altec lansing headphones. The phone ofcourse can have thousands of songs in the supported memory, but having more than three or four albums, or say 10 in this kind of interface will be very irritating[/quote]

Source http://www.vishki.com/v1/nokia-x1-01-dual-sim-mobile-unboxing-and-review/280

^ I had no idea about those issues. Thanks for the link
<

Next bet seems to be Samsung Hero Music... but it only has 8GB expandable.

Back