Budget 0-20k Budget small sized system needed

sujai.shukla

Recruit
Hello,
Looking for a Small sized/ Low of TDP CPU to be hooked up to my Samsung 46" LED. Had a look at Zotak Zbox but they dont offer Optical Drive and i guess will be little expensive in comparison to anything that can be built up if size isnt much considered. Any help with exact model name/number along with street prices will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sujai

Questions

1. What is your budget?
    • 20ish, as low as possible
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Only a 46" led to be used as Monitor
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• Everything.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, No upgrades planned in near future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • NOIDA
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • AMD?
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Nothing specific
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Will be hooking it up to a 46" LED
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 32 or 64. Not decided yet

First of all, cabinet+processor+ram+motherboard+HDD+PSU+GPU is NOT called CPU. CPU is just a small chip attached on the motherboard.

Intel G2020 (3200)
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 (3000)
Kingston hyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2300)
WD blue 1 TB (4100)
Antec BP300 (2000)
local cabinet (1000)

total: 15600

First of all, cabinet+processor+ram+motherboard+HDD+PSU+GPU is NOT called CPU. CPU is just a small chip attached on the motherboard.

Intel G2020 (3200)
WD blue 1 TB (4100)
Antec BP300 (2000)
local cabinet (1000)

oh! and i spent all these years thinking that was called processor. nevermind, if you could understand it, im sure everyone will. thanks for the help!

oh! and i spent all these years thinking that was called processor. nevermind, if you could understand it, im sure everyone will. thanks for the help!
No offence, but that's a bad attitude. I understood what you meant and so will anyone else. But I also called you dumb in my head and so will any technologically aware person. Again, no offence.

No offence, but that's a bad attitude. I understood what you meant and so will anyone else. But I also called you dumb in my head and so will any technologically aware person. Again, no offence.
Well lets get over attitude/condescending/offence stuff and stick to topic. No offences for calling anyone anything in the head, provided one has one. Thanks for the help! Would be grateful if you can help even more with a better config even if the budget goes up a bit.

Get an AMD E350 based rig. It'll consume about 25-30 watts max, it runs cool and quiet, and makes for a great HTPC set-up.

You can get a HTPC cabinet with a 60-120watt poser supply for about Rs. 2500.
The motherboard + CPU should cost you between 3000-5000.
The HDD between 4000-6000 ( depending on if you want a 1 or 2 TB drive)
Any DVD RW - Rs.1000
RAM - 4GB - Rs.2500 or 8GB Rs.5000

so you'll spend between Rs. 13000 - Rs. 19500 for a computer that makes a great low-power htpc + download rig. Install XBMC on it, use your android to control it, and you'll be able to watch all your movies, download torrents, browse youtube, listen to your music and internet radio, without having to use a keyboard or mouse.

Intel G2020 (3200)
WD blue 1 TB (4100)
Antec BP300 (2000)
local cabinet (1000)

Any particular reason for suggesting DDR3 1600 with the G2020 ?

Get an AMD E350 based rig. It'll consume about 25-30 watts max, it runs cool and quiet, and makes for a great HTPC set-up.

You can get a HTPC cabinet with a 60-120watt poser supply for about Rs. 2500.
The motherboard + CPU should cost you between 3000-5000.
The HDD between 4000-6000 ( depending on if you want a 1 or 2 TB drive)
Any DVD RW - Rs.1000
RAM - 4GB - Rs.2500 or 8GB Rs.5000

so you'll spend between Rs. 13000 - Rs. 19500 for a computer that makes a great low-power htpc + download rig. Install XBMC on it, use your android to control it, and you'll be able to watch all your movies, download torrents, browse youtube, listen to your music and internet radio, without having to use a keyboard or mouse.

thanks mate! actually I plan to run games (not the latest ones) on moderate settings on this setup aswell. @memories_dv suggested a beautiful cabinet (Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced mini ITX) and Im thinking of getting it. As it is a Mini ITX can you suggest me some MOBO+Proccy+RAM combination that will go with it? I think a 400-500 Watt PSU would suffice for a decent rig with a mid range GPU? Sorry but as i have not followed HW for years Im totally blank here and cant invest a lot of time in reading and dont want this to be just a DW or HTPC only system.
Thanks a ton!

Any particular reason for suggesting DDR3 1600 with the G2020 ?

The price difference between 1333 MHz and 1600 MHz RAM is just 200-300 INR. Also, 3rd gen onwards Intel processors natively support 1600 MHz RAM.[DOUBLEPOST=1388920801][/DOUBLEPOST]CM Elite 120 supports only Mini-ITX motherboards which are expensive and not easily available in India. Try to find a good small case locally. Zebronics has them IIRC.

Last edited:

Thanks for pointing that out. What I've discovered is that official support for 1600 MHz ram was first introduced in Ivy Bridge but not all 3rd gen onwards Intel processors are "officially" labeled to support 1600 MHz RAM. I also discovered that not being "officially" certified does NOT affect the processor's ability to utilize a faster RAM. Even 2nd gen Intel processors can make use of RAMs with speeds of 1600 MHz and beyond and so can G2020. Also, even if you wish to run a 1600 MHz RAM at 1333 MHz, it will still be faster than a 1333 MHz RAM because you'll be able to run it at much tighter timings.

Back