Budget Speakers for HDTV (with PS3 and PS4) - Help Me Choose!

Aercy

Patron
Hi, guys. I am looking to buy a speaker system to be used with my Sony Bravia 32BX350 connect with Videocon d2h STB, PS3 and PS4. Please help me chose and suggest your own.

Usage: TV, Movies (At times Blu-Ray), Gaming

Preference: A good 2.1 system, as I doubt how good a 5.1 system can be in such tight budget. Better to wait a few years, earn some more, and buy separates like floor-standing tower speakers and woofers with optical port (with Dolby Pro Logic)

Budget: Max 6,500

Consideration: These three I shortlisted after checking many online, (You may suggest your own if you are not so sure about these)
1) JBL Creature III (Link)
2) Logitech Z443 (Link)
3) Logitech Z523(Link)

BTW I am getting them at the following prices,

JBL Creature III - INR 3,800
Logitech Z443 - INR 3,169
Logitech Z523 - INR 5,000[DOUBLEPOST=1405336466][/DOUBLEPOST]
Go with this as it is very VFM:Logitech Z523(Link)

Okay, although Z443's looks makes me drool

Last edited:
Why PS3 and PS4 both, you own both the console or planning to buy one :).

Word of caution (although I do not have much knowledge about voltage/wattage etc.)

You need to change the settings of Ps3/Ps4 if you intend to play music from Ps3 with a budget speaker set up. In my case, when I hook up the system with a budget creative 2.1, the speakers produced distorted sound. One need to have atleast an entry level amp+speaker combo to utilize capability of PS3.

My submission would be to stick with the TV speakers for time being and extend the budget to atleast 30k.

Why PS3 and PS4 both, you own both the console or planning to buy one :).

Word of caution (although I do not have much knowledge about voltage/wattage etc.)

You need to change the settings of Ps3/Ps4 if you intend to play music from Ps3 with a budget speaker set up. In my case, when I hook up the system with a budget creative 2.1, the speakers produced distorted sound. One need to have atleast an entry level amp+speaker combo to utilize capability of PS3.

My submission would be to stick with the TV speakers for time being and extend the budget to atleast 30k.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

Back