PC Peripherals Budgets 08 - Price cuts coming... (hopefully)

vishalrao said:
edit: but good news for those of us with jobs i guess. savings of 44,000 per annum in tax i believe for those with salaries above 5 lakh :) dont need to care for small price cuts in PCs and peripherals

Thats right, Its a substantial saving in tax for guys like me. A person who pays 1Lac in tax with old scheme will now need to pay only 56k. I am myself paying 1.17 Lac in tax for 2007-08, Next time I can save 44k and pay lower than last time despite a salary increase. The saving is a cool enough amount to allow me to buy some new hardware. :eek:hyeah:

The new tax slabs are a welcome relief and might I say justified and in accordance with the facilities provided by the government to the salaried class.

I am very pleased about an extension to women and esp. senior citizens. Benefits to women and senior citizens are a reflection of a civilized government.

Now that I've completed my political rantings :p , I must say that it might have been better to extend the slab of exemption on 1 lakh savings. Anyway, I'm not complaining. It is quite legendary in that I have not seen a budget so friendly to the working masses for a long time and I personally feel that is seems to be a kind of atonement for the lacklustre budget of last year rather than what people are saying about elections being around the corner 'n all that.

Back