PC Peripherals Build pc for 64 bit items

Digital

Disciple
:huh: Please suggest me to build a computer for under 50k. Top priority for gaming, use simple application & Browsing purpose and Making calls thru net.

:help2:

Why it is suggested to have 512mb ram * 2 rather than having 1gb ram? i'm planning to go for dvd combo but not heard much what is all about dvd combo. could u pls suggest that? i also need pen drive and what type of USB do i need? In future i need TV tuner card. suggest me a good one.

:) :) :) :) ;) ;)

having 2 * 512 on a motherboard supporting dual-channel RAM will result in almost twice the performance (data transfer rate) than having a single ram chip.
Almost all the new motherboards support Dual channel RAMs.

argus_smith posted 5.57 minutes later:

A dvd combo drive is a CD-RW + DVD-ROM drive. LG and Lite-On have decent DVD Combo drives.
U get these for less than 2500bucks. For USB Flash drive, TRANSCEND Jet-Flash is a good buy. Dont know the exact price.
As for TV-Tuner Card, Pinnacle has a wide range of cards. If u are going for a high-end grafix card, ATI has a few cards with the ATI Rage theater chip on them. This way, u can have both a TV tuner and grafix card on a single chip.

http://216.119.97.80/powercolor_home.asp?id=19&brandid=6

check out the cards at that link.

512*2 is cheaper than 1GB, hope you understand :)

Don't buy ATi Rage, it is pure crap. Your better off with a mid-level GFX card and 1.5k more for a TV Tuner card. You can purchase any USB pen drive and it will work with all computers bought in the past 4-5 years.

A DVD Combo drive is one that writes CD-Rs and RWs and reads both CDs and DVDs, good value for money and a Samsung drive will cost about 1.8-2.0k

Do mention where you live so other members can give more accurate pricing...

anishcool said:
512*2 is cheaper than 1GB, hope you understand :)

Don't buy ATi Rage, it is pure crap. Your better off with a mid-level GFX card and 1.5k more for a TV Tuner card. You can purchase any USB pen drive and it will work with all computers bought in the past 4-5 years.

A DVD Combo drive is one that writes CD-Rs and RWs and reads both CDs and DVDs, good value for money and a Samsung drive will cost about 1.8-2.0k

Do mention where you live so other members can give more accurate pricing...

AIW X800XT rocks.... Also it costs less than X800XT vanilla :p. Even the standalone rage theater 550 based tv tuners are currently amongst the best available.

Chaos said:
AIW X800XT rocks.... Also it costs less than X800XT vanilla :p. Even the standalone rage theater 550 based tv tuners are currently amongst the best available.
Yeah but AIW cards are not the best for gaming and don't OC that well too. And c'mon please dont talk about a X800XT, his budget is 50k, the 6600GT will perform best and suit his budget the best as well.

I wasnt recommending it to him. Just saying that there are good options in the AIW line. AIW cards overclock equally well since they are the same chip.

Back