Budget 90k+ Building a full gaming PC vs getting a 27" iMac?

I've done some cursory research (1, 2, 3) , seems opinion is split between 8700 vs 9600k. :what?:

At this stage 9th Gen is logical according to me anyway simply from a value perspective at this stage. If you're not going to be benchmarking and fawning over synthetic scores all day, it won't matter much. One can't tell in normal day to day usage anyway.

All the boys are here.

unnamed.jpg

Congratulations! Are we also going to see a nice mechanical keyboard? Sending you a couple of joules of jealousy at the RTX2080.

I was thinking you would wait for the AMDs.

Congratulations! Are we also going to see a nice mechanical keyboard? Sending you a couple of joules of jealousy at the RTX2080.

I was thinking you would wait for the AMDs.

Bro, tone down the jealousy, it’s a 2060, not a 2080.

For the time being I’m going to be using a Logitech K800 wireless kb + MX Master Mouse

Btw, the most critical component of the build is still pending... the monitor...

Edit: Recommendations for 27” 4k monitors are welcome

Last edited:
Btw, the most critical component of the build is still pending... the monitor...

Edit: Recommendations for 27” 4k monitors are welcome
What's the budget like? LG has some nice 4k ones. Then there's the predator by Acer, with the 144hz refresh rate. If you want a big screen then hook up a nice TV. Also acer has a good 4k, 43inch monitor that we use in the office setting. It is pretty crisp and fairly accurate, though we use it for document processing and layout (publishing).

What's the budget like? LG has some nice 4k ones. Then there's the predator by Acer, with the 144hz refresh rate. If you want a big screen then hook up a nice TV. Also acer has a good 4k, 43inch monitor that we use in the office setting. It is pretty crisp and fairly accurate, though we use it for document processing and layout (publishing).

Upto 50k. I was looking at these LG Models:

Upto 50k. I was looking at these LG Models:

If you need Type-c and built-in speakers go for 27UK850 else go for 27UK650 which is exactly the same panel and will save some money

If you need Type-c and built-in speakers go for 27UK850 else go for 27UK650 which is exactly the same panel and will save some money

Yes, thank you, that's what I needed to hear. I don't need the speakers. I guess the 27UK650 is the way to go, unless there are any recommendations.

Also, I don't expect there to be any 4k monitors @ 120Hz in my price range, right?

Yes, thank you, that's what I needed to hear. I don't need the speakers. I guess the 27UK650 is the way to go, unless there are any recommendations.

Also, I don't expect there to be any 4k monitors @ 120Hz in my price range, right?

AFAIK, you will get 2K@144Hz but not 4K..

Yeah, there are a couple of 27" 4k @ 144Hz from Acer and Asus, but they're priced at $1600-1800. I don't think they're available in India.

Anyways, I placed an order for Acer Predator XB281HK today, hope to get it delivered by tomorrow. I chose this over the LG 27" because it has Nvidia GSync.

Ohh.. not sure why you chose TN panel over LG’s IPS panel.. anyways your call..

Welp, just to update I got the Predator monitor on Saturday. Attached it and... vertical lines on the monitor. No sign of external damage. Then after maybe 20 minutes of use the lines went away. But if I would restart, they would reappear. Adjusting the monitor by moving it left/ right/ up down seemed to make them disappear. Tried with both DisplayPort and HDMI but the problem persisted. So applied for a replacement from Amazon.

The replacement is on it's way, but the problem is that it's shipping from Mumbai to Delhi. The initial order shipped from Delhi to Delhi. Now I'm getting a stomach ache thinking that what if the replacement gets damaged during the long journey. :hungover:

Attachments

• IMG-9026.JPG
    IMG-9026.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 216
Back