Budget 51-70k Building a Gaming PC

samarth_g

Disciple
Apr 28, 2008
Hi everyone, I would like to build a new gaming rig, as per below mentioned details –

Q: What is your budget?
55-60k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
PS3 + TV – Sony Bravia 22' BX300
Monitor – Acer H233H
I currently will connect the new PC to the TV, will get the monitor from Delhi as soon as possible.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor – Acer H233H
Some Headset which I have

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Processor, Motherboard, GPU, PSU, RAM, Cabinet, 500 GB hard disk and dvd drive
UPS
Keyboard and Mouse
My home internet is on wifi, so will need built in wifi or adapter (not possible to make it wired)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 12 months
1TB External hard disk
Maybe an LED monitor and better headset

Q: Where will you buy this hardware?
Mumbai
Open to online purchase (see below)

Q: Would you consider buying second hand hardware from the TE market
No, prefer new

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Would prefer brands with good service across India, since might be shifting back to Delhi or going to Bangalore at some point and will not have access to shop which I bought from.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Skyrim, Witcher 2, Battlefield 3 etc.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage?
1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

One more thing, I could really use some buying advice in Mumbai. I would like to shop from a trustworthy place, and will need help assembling it too (especially if I buy online). My brother used to take care of these things but he's now moved to US.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
@samarth_g This is what you'd get-
Intel i5 3550-13.5k
Intel DH77KC-7k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600MHZ-3.3k OR Corsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600MHZ-3.3k
Sapphire HD7850-16k
Segate 500GB 7200RPM-4k[You can get Second hand HDD from TE market]
Corsair TX650V2-5.4k OR Seasonic S12ii 620W-5k
Corsair Carbide 400R-5k OR Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
HP OR Asus Optical Drive-1k
Logitech MK200 Key+Mouse Combo-0.7k
APC 1.1KVA UPS-4.5k
You can get components from Primeabgb @Lamington road mumbai.You'll get everything you need.
Hope this helps.:)

samarth_g

Disciple
Apr 28, 2008
Hi @Jakob, thanks very much for your reply.

A few queries -
1. It says on Flipkart that the DH77KC is permanently discontinued (Intel DH77KC Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com) ? Also not showing on Prime ABGB website.. will it be available in shop ?

2. Also, I forgot to mention, in both Delhi and Mumbai, with my computer somehow I always have a dust problem (and overheating problems in Delhi).. So it would be nice if the cabinet could offset these issues as much as possible.

3. Is the wifi part taken care of with this ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
1.Primeabgb has DH77KC as i myself picket it up for a friend two days ago so no need to worry.
2.The above suggested cases have good air flow system,You can add 2X120mm extra fans to keep dust away and also it'll keep the temps cooler.
3.@vivek.krishnan and other members will answer the wifi part.
Hi Jakob, thanks very much for your reply.

A few queries -
1. It says on Flipkart that the DH77KC is permanently discontinued (Intel DH77KC Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com) ? Also not showing on Prime ABGB website.. will it be available in shop ?

2. Also, I forgot to mention, in both Delhi and Mumbai, with my computer somehow I always have a dust problem (and overheating problems in Delhi).. So it would be nice if the cabinet could offset these issues as much as possible.

3. Is the wifi part taken care of with this ?

JuGGa

ftw !!
Skilled
Sep 16, 2011
New Delhi
Is the wifi part taken care of with this ?

@samarth_g

Very few mobos come with built in wifi found generally in premium boards. I'd suggest you to invest in a wifi adapter which will come handy for other dektops too.

Last edited by a moderator:

ampdr1

Disciple
Aug 31, 2007
Mumbai, Maharashtra
samarth_g

Very few mobos come with built in wifi found generally in premium boards. I'd suggest you to invest in a wifi adapter which will come handy for other dektops too.

separate wifi router is very useful if there r more than one desktops at a place... so that one does not have to keep the whole machine working even when it is not in use and only needed for distributing net connection...