Building a PC

gem

Recruit
Hi i'm new here.
I'm planning on building a pc that's going to be basically a render box for 3d animation. I use 3ds max and after effects that are heavy on the cpu power so i'm planning on buying a 8 core cpu :)

Things that i'm planning on buying
Motherboard - Novatech Motherboard Bundle - AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8 Core 8120 Processor - 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz - AMD 990X Motherboard | MBB-81208G
Graphics card - Novatech GeForce 210 1024MB GDDR3 | NOV-GT2101
500gb Western digital hard drive.

That's pretty much it or am i missing something?
i don't need a fancy graphics card as the programs i use don't really use the graphics card that much the most important thing is the cpu.

What kinda of psu am i going to need ? Looking at a case that comes with 500w psu is that enough ?

And how many fans should i put in there ? i was thinking about have 3 fans should that be enough to keep it cool ?

Thanks in advance

^^ What is your budget and please fill up that template, I'm an animation student and I'll recommend you go for the Intel Sandy-Bridge OR upcoming Ivy-Bridge platform over AMD Bulldozer.

And for the graphics card go for the nVidia Quadro FX 600 ~ 8500/- [entry-level professional card]. It is faster than the GTX 580 on professional applications -- AnandTech - NVIDIA.

Back